Waverley Labor went to the Council election with a set of parking related policies:
- Removing the fee for the first residential parking permit
- Providing a free beach parking permit for residents
- Turning off all parking meters in Bondi Junction after 6pm...
- Turning off all parking meters in Bondi Beach after 7pm
- 15-minute free parking in meter zones
- 15-minute free “drop in” zones near/in local shopping strips.
Now Waverley Council is undertaking a community "Have Your Say" on these proposals.
Mayor John Wakefield said the consultation represented a significant review of Council’s operations and the community must be involved directly in the decision.