- Arctic Nuclear Weapon Free Zone2007 to presentAdvocacy to establish the Arctic circle as a nuclear weapon free zone. This would prohibit the deployment of nuclear weapons on the land territories in the Arctic Circle, and would include guarantees from the nuclear weapon States that they would not use nuclear weapons against Arctic territories. Such as zone has already been established in Antarctica, Africa, Central Asia, Latin America, South East Asia and the South Pacific.
- European Nuclear Weapon Free Zone2006 to presentAdvocacy to achieve a nuclear weapon free zone in Europe
- Nuclear Weapons ConventionMay 1995 to presentAdvocacy to achieve a global treaty on the prohibition and elimination of nuclear weapons
- I am an educator and campaigner for peace, conflict resolution, disarmament, human rights and nonviolence (including preventing violence against women and children).
I work from the Prague office of Parliamentarians for Nuclear Nonproliferation and Disarmament. In addition, I serve as Director of the Basel Peace Office in Switzerland, working on a range of programs and initiatives including UNFOLD ZERO, Abolition 2000, Sports and Peace, Nuclear Abolition Forum, war prevention and the development of common security through international law.
I am also passionate about the environment, animal rights and ending poverty - and am thus vegetarian.
You can see more about me at www.alynware.kiwi
- The arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice (Martin Luther King)
If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution (Emma Goldman)
Gravity is not responsible for people falling in love (Einstein)
You can't shake hands with a clenched fist (Mahatma Gandhi)
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much (Oscar Wilde)
Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds (Einstein)
Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there. (Rumi)
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God (Book of Mark, The Bible)