- CEO & Founder2000 to present Cape Town, Western CapeBusiness, Advertising Marketing, Brand, CSI, Lived Brand experience, Management Consulting, Systems Design, Change management,Innovations - Learning Organisation Solutions - helping companies to ask the right questions and capacitating them to co-craft the solutions so that they are sustainable and appropriately focused towards success. Bringing sustainability into the DNA of the organisation towards truly focusing on People, Planet and Profit - achieving improvement on the bottom-line through complete integration and company-wide ' ownership.
- Head: Strategic Partnerships: Western Cape GovernmentOctober 15, 2009 to December 31, 2012 Cape Town, Western CapeSolutions to service delivery gaps - partnering as wide as possible to achieve societal goals and objectives.
- Operations Manager, New Business Development2007 to 2008 Cape Town, Western CapeOne of the BEST, HAPPIEST and fulfilling years in my career. Worked alongside Andre Horn - a visionary, HIGH EQ - and just a pleasure to work alongside.
We innovated, pioneered, had fun and worked VERY hard. This is a man with whom I would work again - in a heartbeat!
- Shareholder, Client Services Director, Media Director, General Manager1995 to 2000 Cape Town, Western CapeCreative Hot Shop. Through-the-line solutions. First agency to use paperless system in 1995 already + with Mac Studio at the time. Personal portfolio included: BP Express Shops - from initial visioning, design, construction, raise & rebuilds, brand identity, Marketing and Advertising strategy. Agency clients included: 1. 25 of Stellenbosch Farmer's Winery brands eg Bells, Bolls, Nederberg, Zonnebloem etc; Johnson & Johnson; Vodacom; Langeberg Foods - Koo and All Gold; Liqui-Fruit; Sasko etc.
- Activity theoryAddictionAdvertisingAdvertising campaignAnálisis Porter de las cinco fuerzasAncient Greek philosophyAptitudeAugmented learningAugmented realityBehavioral economicsBehavioral neurologyBehavioral PsychologyBehavioural SciencesBiotechnologyBlended learningBottom of the pyramidBrand managementBudgetingBusiness AdministrationBusiness AnalysisBusiness developmentBusiness incubatorBusiness intelligenceBusiness marketingBusiness planBusiness process modelingBusiness process reengineeringBusiness Risk Mitigation and Price Stabilization Act of 2013Business studiesCapitalismCarl JungCategorical propositionsCategorisationCausalityChange managementChangement climatiqueChaosChaos theoryCivil societyCo-operativesCogniciónCognitive dissonanceCognitive linguisticsCollaborationCollaborationismCollaborative Problem SolvingCollaborative softwareCommon senseCommunicationCommunication StudiesCommunity developmentComputer architectureConflict managementConflict resolutionConnectednessConnectionismConnectivityConsensus theory of truthConstructionConsumismoContinual improvement processConvergenciaConvergent Technologies Operating SystemConvergent thinkingCoopetitionCorporate identityCorporate social responsibilityCrisis managementCrisis negotiationCritical thinkingCultural anthropologyCultural studiesCultural-historical activity theoryCurrent reality tree (Theory of constraints)Customer insightCustomer integrated systemCustomer involvement managementCustomer relationship managementCustomer satisfactionCycle of povertyDark matterDe (Daoism)Decision analysisDecision theoryDecision treeDecision-makingDerechos humanosDevelopment economicsDevelopment studiesDevelopmental psychologyDialécticaDialogicDialogic learningDigital citizenDigital ecosystemDunkle MaterieDymaxion ChronofileDynamic decision-makingDynamical systems theoryE-procurementEarly childhood educationEconomía ecológicaEconomic inequalityEconomicsEcosystem managementEducational gamingEducational leadershipEducational psychologyEducational researchEducational technologyEEW Energy from WasteEffective CommunicationEffectivenessEfficiencyEinsteiniumElectronic mediaEmbedded SystemsEmbeddednessEmergenceEmotional intelligenceEmpoderamientoEndoscopyEnergy healingEntrepreneurshipEntymologyEpistomologyEstimulación tempranaEvolutionEvolutionary geneticsExportFacilitated communicationFacilitationFear, uncertainty and doubtFeasibility studyFilosofía orientalFinanceFinancial managementFinancial modelingFinancial risk managementFinancial risk modelingForms of governmentFractal geometryFractalsGaia hypothesisGame theoryGembaGender stereotypesGini coefficientGlobal Consciousness ProjectGlobalizaciónGovernment procurementGreen buildingGreen technologyGross domestic productGrounded theoryGroup Dynamics (Myers-Briggs)Health careHealth economicsHealth informaticsHealth information systemsHealth information technologyHealth systems engineeringHealth Systems ManagementHegelianismHeisenbergHiggs bosonHiggs mechanismHomeostasisHomo-economicusHuman behaviorHuman development (psychology)Human evolutionHuman resource consultingHuman resource managementHuman resourcesHumanidadesHumanismHumanityId, ego and super-egoIdealismImportImprovementIncubationInductive reasoningInductive reasoning aptitudeInequalityInformation architectureInformation systemInformation technologyInformation technology enabled servicesInformation theoryIntegrated development environmentIntellectualismIntelligent designInterconnection (electric power)Interior designInteroperabilityInventoKeynesian economicsKnowledge (philosophy)Knowledge managementLanguagesLaparoscopyLaw of AttractionLeadershipLeadership developmentLearning communityLearning management systemLearning organizationLearning stylesLearning-by-doingLegalLegal governance, risk mitigation, and complianceLegislationLiberal democracyLife long learningLinguisticsMacrocosm and microcosmMacroeconomicsMalthusianismMarket researchMarketingMarketing operations managementMarketing researchMass mediaMaternal healthMatterMeaning-makingMedia (arts)Media planningMental healthMental model theory of reasoningMetaphysicsMicroeconomicsMind mapMindfulnessMindfulness-based stress reductionMobile app developmentMulti-disciplinary teamNarrativeNarrative inquiryNegotiationNegotiation and consensus-building skillNegotiation skillsNeo-GramscianismNeuro-linguistic programmingNonviolent CommunicationOccum's RazorOferta y demandaOligarchyOntologyOpen Government PartnershipOpen sustainability innovationOpen-source architectureOperational efficiencyOrganisational BehaviourOrganisational developmentOrganisational PsychologyOrganizational commitmentOrganizational cultureOuroborosPanarchyPantheismPantheistPedagogiaPersonal ProgressPESTELPhilanthropyPhilosophersPhilosophyPhilosophy of sciencePlan Do Check-ActPolicyPolicy analysisPolicy StudiesPolitical consultingPolitical philosophyPolitical sciencePoverty reductionProbability theoryProblem solvingProcurementProduction ManagementProductivityPsychobitchesPsychologyPsychopathologyPsychopharmacologyPurposePurpose DrivenPurpose of lifePurposefulQualitative researchQuantum computingQuantum entanglementQuantum field theoryQuantum PhysicsReductionismReflective practiceRegulationRegulatory complianceResistance to changeRevenue managementRich pictureScenario analysisSelf-actualizationSelf-determinationSelf-observationSensemakingShadowSIPOCSocial compactSocial complexitySocial democracySocial enterpriseSocial impact bondSocial inequalitySocial NetworkingSocial psychologySocial ScienceSocial systemSocialismSociologySociopathySoft systems methodologySoftware developmentSolipsismSorites paradoxSpatial analysisSpatial planningSpiritualism (beliefs)SpiritualitySpontane ordeStandardizationStatistical analysisStatisticsStereotype threatStory tellingStrategic managementStrategic planningStrategyStratified societyString theorySupply chain managementSupply-side economicsSustainabilitySustainability and systemic change resistanceSustainable agricultureSustainable designSustainable developmentSustainable livingSWOT analysisSyllogismSynthesisSynthetismSystem integrationSystemic riskSystemicsSystems analysisSystems architectureSystems designSystems healthSystems theorySystems thinkingTeam based learningTeam learningTechnological convergenceTecnologías de la información y la comunicaciónThe Fifth DiscipleTheory of everythingTheory of knowledgeTheory of mindTheory of multiple intelligencesTimeTransformational leadershipTruthUniversumUser-generated contentValue Stream DesignValue Stream ManagementValue stream mappingValue stream mapping softwareValue Stream PlanningVarietyWaste managementWaste-to-energyWeb developmentWestern philosophyWicked problemWomen's rightsWomen's studiesYield managementYouth empowerment圣吉富勒破坏性科技
Current City and Hometown
- This ain't no dress rehearsal people!
My [ few select] friends know me.....that's enough said!
- “I'm not a genius. I'm just a tremendous bundle of experience.” [Richard Buckminster Fuller]
“Never forget that you are one of a kind. Never forget that if there weren't any need for you in all your uniqueness to be on this earth, you wouldn't be here in the first place. And never forget, no matter how overwhelming life's challenges and problems seem to be, that one person can make a difference in the world. In fact, it is always because of one person that all the changes that matter in the world come about. So be that one person. ” [Richard Buckminster Fuller]
“With this faith, we will transform the jangling discord of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood, where we will work together, pray together, struggle together to stand up for freedom together – knowing that we will ALL be free one day. Let freedom REIGN – let us all join hands and sing – FREE AT LAST”. - Martin Luther King - I had a dream Speech
“All men are created equal. I dream that we will, one day, sit down together at the table of brotherhood. I dream that we will transform this nation into an oasis of freedom and justice.”
“I dream of a future where our children will not be judged by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character. I dream that we will hew out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope.”
Martin Luther King - I had a dream speech
“All of our destinies are tied together, our freedom is bound together, we cannot walk alone. We must always march ahead and cannot turn back until justice rolls down like a waterfall and righteousness like a mighty stream.”
Martin Luther King - I had a dream speech
'I have fought against white domination and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.'
Nelson Mandela - Speech upon his release from prison
“We have a responsibility to write our own story. We must own our future, by crafting it bit by bit. And when we look back in twenty or thirty years' time, we will see that the last 18 years have only been the opening chapters of the South African story. “
“That, in turn, requires citizens who know how powerful they are, and who use their power to full effect - enforcing accountability, ensuring service delivery, writing their own future. “
“It is now the time to take ownership of not only our many achievements, but also our faults. Only in doing so will we be able to honestly assess what eighteen years of freedom have meant so far, and determine what future we would like to build.”
Helen Zille - Freedom Day speech 2012
“ A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral. “Antoine de Saint-Exupery
“Imagination is crucial in order to bring things from the world of non-being into the world of being.”
Dr Wayne W. Dyer
“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Richard Buckminster Fuller [1895-1983]
“In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
“I am enthusiastic over humanity’s extraordinary and sometimes very timely ingenuity. If you are in a shipwreck and all the boats are gone, a piano top buoyant enough to keep you afloat that comes along makes a fortuitous life preserver. But this is not to say that the best way to design a life preserver is in the form of a piano top. I think that we are clinging to a great many piano tops in accepting yesterday’s fortuitous contrivings as constituting the only means for solving a given problem.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
“If you want to teach people a new way of thinking, don't bother trying to teach them. Instead, give them a tool, the use of which will lead to new ways of thinking.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
We humans are manifestly here for problem-solving and, if we are any good
at problem-solving, we don't come to utopia, we come to more difficult
problems to solve."
--- R. Buckminster Fuller
Life is not a Dress Rehearsal!
Pain nourishes courage. You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you.
Mary Tyler Moore
You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you.
Sarah Ban Breathnach