Olen kuntavaaleissa ehdolla Oulussa numerolla 129. Lue lisää ajatuksistani ao. muistiosta.
Vaalikonevastauksiani voit lukea mm. Yle-vaalikoneesta (https://vaalikone.yle.fi/kuntavaalit20…/oulu/ehdokkaat/21568) ja Helsingin Sanomien vaalikoneesta (http://www.vaalikone.fi/kunta2017/oulu/ehdokas/7499)
Uskottava se on
Tämä oululaisena huolestuttaa tuplasti - minusta kun kaikki kansallinen pöhinä on pääasiassa keskittynyt pääkaupunkiseudulle, ja kaikesta vain rippeet tulee Ouluun.
Today on the election day, vote for 432 for a more international Oulu, for better public healthcare, public education, transportation, city planning, and for the youth guarantee - as the future is in the youth all people under 25 and 30 deserve a chance for true employment or additional training
Today I participated in my first panel discussion since the European Parliament election treadmill in year 2009. And that happened to be my first panel discussion ever in English, a thing that I realized 5 minutes before the start And of course I was caught off guard with regard to the subject of the panel which did not happen to be the European Union and global matters, but more like the internationalization and immigration in Oulu. Whew.
A few key points:
1. Only 20 % of... eligible voters cast their vote in the latest municipal election.
2. I do not really know much about immigrants' problems in Oulu, but I did promise that things would change next week when my cousin's wife arrives from Vietnam, and I will make sure to find out all the intricacies of bureaucracy they will encounter.
3. Some of the panelists did express quite discriminatory views towards immigrants. They were sitting on the right hand side from the audience.
4. There were no refugees among the audience, but middle-class immigrants with family ties, studies or work in Finland. However, somehow the extremist view took over and we were soon talking about refugees and costs of humanitarian immigration.
5. After the panel discussion, it became evident that many members of the audience had wanted information on the party platforms, and not only on the immigration issues. They want to make informed decisions on which party to vote for in the municipal elections.
6. National Coalition Party panelist did not want "positive discrimination" for the immigrants; the equality of "opportunity" again raising its ugly head "The Finns" would not hire immigrants as public sector workers, due to the 5-year protected employment period of the current employees. Muutos 2011 was opposed to all kinds of mixing of cultures: "Immigration killed the Native Americans".
7. When asked about the very best and very worst of the Oulu so far, I could not really name anything that I am so very fond of in Oulu, but indeed the city planning is OK. Not great, but OK. Of course I had to answer first and was caught unprepared again. Also, I should have named the New Public Management as the worst.
8. Where are the refugees??
9. My spoken English is deteriorating.
10. The programmes should betranslated at least into English. No, they must be.
+ I did not get to speak Vietnamese in the panel, which was a slight disappointment.
Eli kun lääkäri hankintaan Attendolta, ja tarkastellaan kustannuksia verrattuna palkkaukseen, kunta häviääkin kun ei saa kerättyä kunnallisveroa. Näppärää mutta kätevää lääkärille ja firmalle, kunnalle ei ihan yhtä järkevää, sanoo ehdokas 432.
Hassuja nämä kyselyt, jotka tehdään kunnanjohtajille. Kukapa sitä nyt haluaisi tieten tahtoen tehdä itsensä virattomaksi, varsinkin kun kunnanjohtajien keskimääräinen urakehitys on lähinnä kunnasta toiseen hyppimistä.