- VP, Director for Innovation & Head of Innovation LabMarch 1, 2011 to April 1, 2015 Cologne, GermanySecondment to accelerate transformation and turnaround: Transformation Design, Opportunity Framing, Disruptive Innovation, Design Fiction, Culture Transformation, Ideation Leadership, Storytelling, C-level Executive Workshops & Facilitation, Gamestorming, Business Model Prototyping, Pitchdecks, Research Synthesis and Immersion, Enabling talent, Innovation Management, Large Group Interventions e.g. RTSC, Open Space
- Senior ConsultantDecember 2008 to February 2011 Cologne, GermanyUX Design, User-Centered Design, Iterative Design Evolutions, Participatory Design, Contextual UI, Storytelling, Validation Research, Stakeholder interviews and alignment, Qualitative user research and contextual inquiry, Internet/Information Technology Consultant, Information Architecture
- ConsultantApril 2007 to November 2008 Cologne, GermanyNew Business Growth, New Media and Digital, Product Development on Software and Video Production, MVP release, Project Management, Scrum and Kanban, Design & Development Team Lead, Service Design, Marketing Strategy
- Class of 2012Global Executive MBA Berlin, GermanyStudies in China, USA, Japan and Germany. Entrepreneurial Marketing, Negotiation & Decision Making, Agile Leadership, Intellectual Property Law (US-specific), Business Law & Ethics (US-specific), Innovation & Marketing, Business Strategy, Finance & Valuation, Applied Accounting, Cross-Cultural Management (China & Japan)
In my work I aim to establish a human-centered, interdisciplinary process that creates desirable and sustainable changes in behavior and form – of individuals, systems and organizations – often for socially progressive outcomes. Design, in my experience, is about applying contextual skills in non-traditional territories, which then yield non-traditional, creatively DESIGNED outputs; i.e., new roles, new organizations, new systems, and disruptive business models can be formed.
Success is not linear, and sometimes life does not go according to plan. But somehow we are convinced that forcing square pegs into round holes is how we succeed.
I have always followed my instincts, which has often meant taking a detour from the typical linear plan for success. I constantly seek unique and explorative experiences to build expertise through direct participation. I have engaged in a diversity of activities: from living on the streets of Amsterdam to running a punk mail order to cofounding a FabLab (Fabrication Laboratory) and a Coworking Space that challenges standard modes of working. My educational background is equally diverse; I have an degree in Engineering, a Master of Fine Arts, and an MBA. I am often invited as a Guest Lecturer to share my work on design strategy and innovation at architecture, design, engineering, and business schools internationally.
- No favorite quotes to show