The Oktaves - Ely Buendia's other band on April 8. Please support this event. But Baler surfing is more than 40 years old.
PACIFIC SLIDE: A Play For Change Event in Celebration of Baler's 40 Years of Surfing is coming soon!
- Surf, skate, frisbee, kick-off registration par...ty at Nalu Surf Camp
- Surf contest proper, free play volleyball, opening of Ocean Care Movement booth at Aliya Surf camp
- Skate contest proper at Playa Azul
- Bikini contest at Cauti Bar
- Free yoga class at Charlie Does
- Surf contest proper, inter-hotel frisbee play, free play volleyball at Aliya Surf Camp
- Indoor cinema at Kubli
- Surf contest finals, awarding night for surf, skate and frisbee at Aliya Surf Camp
Mark your calendars and we'll see you there!
Kaledian and Suklayin in Arayat, Pampanga. In the comments, the OP cited an old Batangbaler article as reference.
The Story Behind the Name KALEDIAN (Arayat)
Kaledian is the old name of the Camba, a barangay in Arayat. Pres. Manuel L. Quezon established a farmstead here, an...d named it Hacienda Caledian, after one of the major barangays of Baler, his birthplace. The name “Caledian” is believed to have been derived from “Calle diyan!” (the street over there) referring to a road that had no specific geographical boundary at that time. It is interesting to note that next to Caledian, Arayat is the barrio Suklayin”, also named by Quezon after a Baler place. Caledian was re-named Camba in later years, but Suklayin has retained its name.