Dave's Lock & KeyHome Improvement in Bozeman, Montana
We only recommend Tri-Flow for all locks - and bicycles too. Graphite will either gum up or continue to build up inside the lock. WD-40 causes the pins to stick and provides no lubrication. We have tried other lubricants but nothing works in our climate like Tri-Flow.
The proper method to lubricate a dirty lock is:
1. If possible, remove the lock from where it is installed because the next step can be messy.
2. Using pressurized brake cleaner, spray the lock clean....
3. After allowing the cleaner to dry, spray the lock with TriFlow, but just a bit.
4. Using a key that is supposed to operate it, insert it into the lock and remove.
5. Repeat step #4 until the key goes into and out of the lock easily.
6. Insert the key again and turn it left and right - clockwise and counter clockwise (don’t turn left unless it’s a lock that is supposed to - vehicle door locks, house door locks, some cabinet locks, business door locks and others will almost always turn left).
Pick up a can at our store on 7th across from Domino’s or any most local hardware stores (usually next to the WD-40).
We’re ready to see you here. It’s free to walk through the doors. We are giving away a free lock and a free rekey for your home. Stop by and see us and pick up a 20% discount coupon for your next service.
All ready for the SWMBIA Home Expo on the MSU campus this weekend. Are you? Stop by and say hello, sign up for a free keypad lock or house rekey and talk to the professionals about your lock and hardware needs. #swmbia #msu #bozeman #montana #homeexpo #locksmith #builders #contactors
We are an authorized Emtek dealer. See us for locks, cabinet or bath hardware or any of your Emtek needs.
Did you know that Emtek carries a full line of bath hardware? Choose your favorite finish, style, and rosette to stand alone or coordinate a match with your int...erior door hardware to ensure an easy and consistent theme for every room. •
Shown here: Tribeca cabinet pulls and modern towel bars in flat black.
📸 by @gregbirman
Out-of-state call centers
Not all local locksmiths are local. An online search for a local locksmith might turn up dozens of results, but chances are these results also include contact information for out-of-state call centers. These call centers typically use unskilled locksmiths who hike the price for their services and perform questionable work.
To avoid hiring a call center locksmith, research the business ahead of time. Check out the company's location. If you speak to s...omeone on the phone, ask these questions:
• Where are you located?
• How will you get into the house? Will you need to drill my lock? Can you tell me the exact process?
• Do you need a picture of the lock?
• Can you give me an estimate? What factors will cause this price to change?
• Do you require cash, or can I pay with a check or credit card?
• What’s the name of the locksmith who will be coming?
Ask if they are licensed in your state
If they can’t answer these questions directly, don't hire them.