A large crew of citizens filled the Cullman County Commission meeting hall this morning in support of the large community of regulars who enjoy Stony Lonesome O...HV Park.
The County Commission made the right decision in following Park Director Doug Davenport’s call to restore coolers to the trails along with stricter enforcement of the ‘no alcohol’ rule parkwide.
The key to safety at Stony is pretty simple:
1. Don’t drink and drive high horsepower vehicles
2. Buckle yourself up with harnesses and seat restraints
3. Keep your appendages inside the roll bars
4. Don’t try to be a stunt driver
5. If you are a spectator, stay plenty clear of the line of fire, then step back another 50 feet
One last thing, I have obtained ZERO evidence that the staff at Stony drinks on the job (I have vigorously sought that evidence over the last two weeks).
Allegations that Park staffers perpetuate a culture of alcoholism by imbibing at the Park seems absurd. If anyone has documentable evidence to the contrary, I’d love to see it (as would the County Commission).