Are you ready for Spring Break? If you're between the ages of 9-12 PacificSport Okanagan wants you to join them at their West Kelowna Camp at George Pringle Elementary. You'll be introduced to tons of new and exciting sports inluding: Baseball, Gymnastics, Lacrosse and Wheel Chair Basketball. To register call West Kelowna Recreation and Culture - 778-797-8800 or go online at www.westkelownaciyt.ca/recguide
Here's a sure sign that spring isn't too far away - yard waste pickup resumes March 1 on biweekly schedule. For details use yard waste link @ www.regionaldistrict.com/recycle.
Yikes, more snow! Environment Canada says 15 to 25 cm will fall this weekend! Please, park off street for the next two to three days to help crews manage all the snow. Thank you. www.westkelownacity.ca
Water bulletin for customers in Casa Loma and Lakeview Heights; you may experience some discolouration following system repairs conducted earlier in the day on Friday. If this happens, turn on the cold tap in the tub for a few minutes until the water runs clear. We have more info under News @ www.westkelownacity.ca.
It's time to dance! We're closing out the long weekend with our free Family Day Dance Party at Mar Jok Elementary, 2101 McDougall Road, until 7:30 tonight (Feb. 12). It's fun for all ages with DJ Krucial K, games and free refreshments too! Thanks to #BCProvincialGovernment for sponsoring our event!
Happy BC Family Day, everyone! Our offices are closed today (Mon. Feb. 12) for the holiday; but we'll be open by 8:30 a.m. tomorrow (Tue. Feb. 13) to serve you. We hope you're having a wonderful long weekend. Oh, and don't forget about our free, Family Day Dance Party with DJ Krucial K, games and complimentary refreshments, tonight at Mar Jok Elementary School from 5:30 to 7:30. We hope to see you there. Thanks to #BCProvincialGovernment for sponsoring our event!
Enjoy free Family Day long weekend skating today (Sun. Feb. 11) at Jim Lind Arena - courtesy of the #BCGEU. The fun kicks off with a Parent and Tot Skate from 1:30 to 2:30 followed by Public Skating for all ages from 2:45 to 4 p.m. We hope you're having a great BC Family Day long weekend, everyone!
Have a great BC Family Day weekend everyone! Here's what's happening in West Kelowna:
- Saturday, February 10: Public and Family Skate; 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Jim Lind Arena, 2760 Cameron Road; $4/per person or $12 per family (max. 2 adults)
- Sunday, February 11: Free Parent and Tot Skate; 1:30 to 2:30 at Jim Lind Arena; no admission fees, courtesy of the #BCGEU
- Sunday, February 11: Free Public Skating; 2:45 to 4 p.m. at Jim Lind Arena; no admission fees, courtesy of ...the #BCGEU
- Monday, February 12: Family Swim Day, noon to 4 p.m. at Johnson Bentley Memorial Aquatic Centre, 3727 Old Okanagan Highway; $5/family
- Monday, February 12: Super Hero and Princess Skate to Fight Cancer; 10 a.m. to noon at Royal LePage Place; by donation; bring your family out to a magical skate in support of Pediatric Cancer Research, enjoy music and fabulous door prizes, and dress up as your favourite princess or super hero!
- Monday, February 12: Free Family Day Dance Party; fun for all ages; enjoy the music of DJ Krucial K, fun party games and complimentary refreshments; 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Mar Jok Elementary School, 2101 McDougall Road, no admission courtesy of the Province of British Columbia
Join us for a free, family dance party - it's fun for all ages. Enjoy the music of DJ Krucial K, party games & free refreshments on Monday, February 12 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Mar Jok Elementary School, 2101 McDougall Rd. We'd love to see you there! Thanks to the #BCProvincialGovernment for sponsoring our event!
Don't rush - think before you flush! Solvents, chemicals, paint, fat, grease, lard, bandages, cotton swabs, medications, personal hygiene products, diapers and flushable and non-flushable wet wipes should never go down the drain! Clogs in pipes caused by these products result in costly sewer backups and have an effect on the treatment process! Learn more at www.regionaldistrict.com/wastewater.