"Children are not equipped to understand adult problems. Their focus should be on navigating the various child development stages they go through." - Dr. Phil McGraw
Ooh! Love this healthy, must-try muffin in a minute from Chris Freytag!
Fitness tip: When going for a walk, don't be afraid of hills! You'll get a better workout and will tone different muscles than if you just walk on a flat path.
Always a good idea to check your eggs before you eat them!
An excellent chart posted by Juicing Vegetables! Definitely one you'll want to print out.
Modern technology has brought us many benefits, including mosquito traps that cost hundreds of dollars, but sometimes we overlook simple solutions to difficult ...challenges such as mosquito control. When it comes to controlling pests, research tends to focus on chemicals or concepts that can be patented. Unless someone can make a profit from an idea, the public may never become aware of it.
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
200 ml water
50 grams of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
2-liter plastic bottle
Or US conversion:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.
Making homemade Valentines this year? Try this fun idea!