It’s been a very busy start to the year. We have delivered 6 courses to Microsoft covering Azure, REST services, asynchronous development, Entity Framework Core and Angular. We’ve also delivered an Angular and .Net Core WebApi survey creation, management and delivery app. Next we are wrapping up an Xbox application for a major news channel and heading to the studio to record a number of training videos.
Flying out to Malmo, Sweden this weekend to present at oredev.org. I'm looking forward to it.
Time for an update on what we are doing at CustomMayd. We are presently developing 3 training courses, one Angular/WebAPI app and preparing for 2 conferences.
The 3 courses will be published by Microsoft on the EdX.org training platform. 2 of the courses focus on C# programming techniques and the 3rd refreshes an earlier course we created on Angular Fundamentals. Wherever possible we use Visual Studio Code and .NET core so that you can work through the courses on MacOS or Win...dows.
1. Data Access in C#. This course introduces Entity Framework Core and how to leverage it as a data access technology in .NET Core.
2. Asynchronous Programming in C#. This course introduces asynchronous programming techniques and demonstrates how to use Tasks and Parallel programming to make your applications more responsive and make better use of the systems's available processing resources.
3. Angular Fundamentals. Re-written from the ground up, this course introduces the latest version of Angular and how to leverage the basic features of the framework. We will be following up this course with an Advance Angular course.
We are building a survey tool for a large client. The tool is built using Angular, .NET Core WebAPI and EF Core and is hosted in Azure using AAD for authentication and roles.
1. Silicon Valley Code Camp. We are presenting on two topics - Surface Dial and leveraging the new features of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to light up the UI of your UWP application.
2. Oredev. We are delivering a 1 day workshop introducing UWP XAML for the Enterprise and 2 sessions that dive deep into Windows Composition for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
Direct link to my Silicon Valley Code Camp sessions: https://www.siliconvalley-codecamp.com/…/Se…/Daren-May-45807
The team continues to develop great training content. Right now we are working on 3 courses:
* Asynchronous Tasks in C#
* Data Access in C#
* Angular Fundamentals
These will be posted on http://edx.org later this year. You can see the courses we have already published here: https://www.edx.org/course?search_query=Daren+may
Daren will be presenting at the Oredev conference in Malmo, Sweden later this year: http://oredev.org/2017/line-up/daren-may
We will be presenting two sessions at Oredev in Malmo, Sweden. We will be focusing on introducing the foundational concepts of Windows 10 Composition and then how we can bring more advanced concepts into our applications:
* Windows 10 Composition and Animation
* Combining UWP Animations and Effects to Light Up Your App
In this one day course, join Jerry Nixon and Daren May, as they continue training developers and guide you and your team through modern XAML building blocks and patterns for creating your enterprise solutions. XAML is declarative presentation technology common to WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) and UWP (Universal Windows Platform). This course, while relevant to WPF, will primary focus on the innovations in UWP - the latest iteration of the XAML platform. In this course, you will learn about core patterns, fundamental controls, and techniques to control data quality and user experience. You will build a sample application exploring these concepts in a practical way. Leave with the knowledge, the sample code, and the industry relationships you can use today; get started with confidence.