- BREAKING NEWS -- Santa has informed us that he will be in Calamus on... Sunday morning, December 11th from 10 am until noon at the CALCO Breakfast. Children of all ages are invited to come by and sit on his lap and share their Christmas wishes. He will have a treat for them and the Legion Auxiliary Elfs will be there to take pictures of them. Santa's Elves will be accepting small new stuffed animals to donate to the Childrens Hospital ward in Clinton... Please share the big news and we hope to see all the Good (and not so good) little boys and girls there. Breakfast will be served from 7:30 til noon!
With spring creeping closer and closer, it is time to think about spring cleaning and the city-wide spring garage sale, which is set for Saturday, April 29. And if you need a few more months to get organized – the fall city-wide garage sale will take place Saturday, October 7.
Sabers reel off five straight hits with two out -- highlighted by a two-run double by Austin Weiss -- to push across four runs, but Carlisle finally gets to Sikkema, plates four runs of their own and it's 5-4 Central after a busy fifth inning.
We are 30 minutes from action in a 3A state baseball quarterfinal at Principal Park in Des Moines. The Observer will have inning by inning updates as the Central DeWitt Sabers take on Carlisle.
Coming to you in today's Observer:
* Kedley set to end library tenure
* Grand Mound residents learn about proposed new jail at public forum
* Iowa Chief Justice lauds high court's vision during talk with Central DeWitt students
* Iowa Supreme Court listens to oral arguments of case during Clinton County visit...
* Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 40 visits DeWitt Veteran's Memorial
* DeWitt approves "makerspace" partnership
* County Supervisors meet with economic development group to discuss Home Base Iowa incentives
* Marcucci joins state elite in long jump
* Saber girls soccer stays unbeaten with two victories.
Plus the full-spread map of this weekend's Spring City-wide Garage Sale.
Coming to you in Wednesday's Observer:
+ Central DeWitt students, K-12, showcase art at the Operahouse
+ New hog barn for fairgrounds nearing money goal
+ DeWitt Police Department to undergo assessment
+ Local eighth-graders ready for state Geography Bee...
+ Panel talks incentives to draw vets
+ Truth Singers preparing for annual spring concert
+ Youngsters go on the hunt for Easter eggs
+ Area churches set to hold Holy Week services
+ The All-Observer basketball teams
Plus much more!