It only takes a few online tools and some instinctive sleuthing for genealogist Jennifer Mendelsohn to call out public figures who oppose common forms of immigration
Jose Antonio Vargas,
"Let DACA recipients in your life personally know that you don’t judge them, that you support them, and that their status does not change how you perceive them as individuals. The film community overwhelmed me with kindness over the past couple of days; this made all the difference. If you don’t know anyone, be outspoken about your support so that those who might fear reaching out see that you’re a safe harbor."
Do these 5 things NOW to defend DACA....
1. Tweet at the 9 AGs who are threatening to sue the federal government to end DACA. (Texas, Alabama, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Nevada, South Carolina, West Virginia, Arkansas)
2. Call and tweet at key members of Congress and demand that they publicly defend DACA.
3. Allies: share a story of how a DACA recipient has positively contributed to this country. Use the hashtag #DefendDACA.
4. On Tuesday morning, call the 9 AGs en masse.
5. For the most up-to-date info on defending DACA, follow our friends United We Dream and sign up for alerts on defenddaca.com.
Immigrants we get the job done! And so much more! ❤️
The couple's net worth is $5 million. They pay taxes but he'll never be able to benefit from the system he pays into:
A federal agent now has the power to be judge, jury, and executioner.
"Johnson has no business addressing high schoolers about their future when he's thrown the future of refugee teens into jeopardy."
From the writer, director and subject of #Documented, comes #EmergingUS: a new digital platform that reflects the real America, in all of its diversity and complexity. It's time for everyone's story to be told. Be a part of building a new media company that represents us.
Please watch the trailer and visit our crowdfunding page on Beacon: http://www.beaconreader.com/projects/emergingus
We need you!
This made me think of something Define American & DOCUMENTED director, Jose Antonio Vargas always says: "we are here because you were there." You invade, then complain about "invasion?" Who invaded who? #foodforthought #immigrationfairness
The cartoons depict Filipinos as barbarians who needed to be rescued by American civilization.
"Mental health is a growing issue affecting many people, and rampant hate speech is probably not helping us to take control of this trend." (Via Flama)