- Datacenter Software2017 to presentLead PM for Google's DCSW group with over 100 engineers, responsible for growing and keeping healthy the world's biggest computing system.
- Verily CardioIn 2017Built out the product vision for Verily's efforts in cardiology, helped solidify the two-dozen strong PM org across Verily.
- Rapid Rollout Lab2014 to 2016Built & managed an R&D team to explore new ways of planning and building connectivity infrastructure, borrowing from techniques in oil&gas and using machine learning with massive imagery datasets to build the world's largest utility pole database.
- Product managerMarch 25, 2013 to August 15, 2014 Menlo Park, CaliforniaRan several teams at Facebook as product manager, including the internal tools team and internet.org's Connectivity Labs.
- Info ToolsApr 2014 to Aug 2014I'm the product manager for the information tools that make Facebook run: search, wiki, tasks, projects, etc. Drove ~3x performance increases in internal search while increasing quality, led revamp of internal wiki which drove doubling of employee edit activity, created mobile employee portal and pushed out to entire company, helping make Facebook a mobile workforce.
- Internet.orgOct 2013 to Apr 2014I set the business case for Facebook Connectivity Labs, introduced the company to the possibility of using drones, satellites, and free space optics (lasers) to provide connectivity solutions, surfaced innovative vendors for us to work with, led Zuck reviews, created the first maps of the global disconnected, and pulled data showing the surprising reasons people are and are not connected to the Internet.
- Growth InfrastructureAug 8, 2013 to Oct 2013In a concentrated two month sprint, I worked on Facebook's integration with telcos and drove our team's metrics up 50%.
- Developer advocacyMar 25, 2013 to Aug 8, 2013I was responsible for helping reach out to and connect with Facebook developers in the Asia/Pacific region.
- Show all (4)
- CEOMarch 21, 2012 to March 22, 2013 Palo Alto, CaliforniaCreated a product called Oha.na that allowed parents to securely share pictures and videos of their children with extended family. Sold to Facebook in 2013 with positive investor return.
- Oha.naJun 2012 to Mar 22, 2013We are building The Family Network - a place to safely share with all those who you consider family.
- Founding DirectorJanuary 31, 2009 to November 2015 Mountain View, CaliforniaFounded the world's largest non-profit hackerspace. As Chairman of the Board, guided growth to 400+ full-time members and through several real estate transitions. The Dojo was the birthplace of several notable companies and projects, including Pinterest, Pebble Watch, and Word Lens (sold to Google).
- CEO & FounderAugust 15, 2003 to November 2011 San Mateo, CaliforniaCreated the first private wiki host, grew product to 4m+ people/mo and team of 30. Raised $8m+. After hitting mainstream traction, hired CEO who sold his last company for >$100m and felt he could take PB to similar outcome; co-operated the company for several years as Chief Product Officer then transitioned to Board-only role.
- I'm an adventurer, goofball, hugging machine, hacker, traveler, teacher, philosopher, and student of life.
I scuba, fly helicopters (when I can afford to), run companies, start non-profits, and advise startups.
I LIKE YOU.
Goofy, cheerful, smart, curious, weird, happy, gives good hugs. Likes to start things like non-profits and companies. Nerd who started programming at five. Enjoys bringing people together. Loves startups. Would love to be your friend.
- Björk: "You shouldn't let poets lie to you."
|No Pages to show.|