Upload videos to Facebook
By uploading videos to Facebook directly, you can take advantage of these two benefits:
- Your videos will play automatically in News Feed – Native videos start playing immediately as people scroll through their Feed. Videos initially play silently, but people can tap the video to play it with sound in full screen.
- Your videos will have view counts – Public videos from people and Pages will now show view counts to help people discover them.
For more detailed information on uploading video to Facebook, download our Video Upload Guide .
Create rich video content for your Facebook audience
Here are a few tips for creating engaging video content for your audience on Facebook:
- Focus on quality from the first frame – Since videos auto-play silently in Feed, you should lead with imagery that will catch a person’s eye from the very beginning.
- Premiere exclusive video content – Post exclusive video content to your Page to reward them with something that they can’t get anywhere else.
- Provide context – Set context by pulling out a key quote or moment from the video as the text component of your post. This will help set expectations for the experience ahead.
Tag other Pages in your video posts
Tag the Pages of people that appear in your video or that you want to make aware of your video to drive up organic distribution.
Refine your strategy with Video Insights
For each video you post to your Page, you can view metrics like video views, unique video views, the average duration people viewed your video and audience retention. These metrics are designed to help you learn what’s resonating with people and tune the length and content for your video audience.Understand How Your Videos Perform on Facebook