Another great appearance in the local community Thanksgiving Day Parade! From the left back row: Firefighter Amador, Firefighter Isom, Firefighter Armendariz, El Paso Mayor Oscar Leeser, Firefighter Molinar, Firefighter DeVaughan, Lieutenant Sanchez, and Firefighter Clapper as Sparky! Front Row Firefighter Lucero, Lieutenant Chavira, and Firefighter Ortiz - Great Job!
We have a GS-6 Public Safety Dispatcher position open now until Nov 27th. It requires Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) Awareness, Telecommunicator I, and Telecommunicator II certifications. Check the announcement to see if you are eligible to apply: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/421136700
Fort Bliss Application Hints Part 2 of 3 – More Resume Tips
So how do you apply for Army Jobs, especially at Fort Bliss TX? Dust off you old resume and just submit it. Better yet, before you do that, copy and paste directly from the job announcement into your resume…think it doesn’t happen? For example on our current Lead Firefighter Announcement you will find this statement:
To qualify based on your experience, your res...
Fort Bliss Application Hints Part 1 of 3 - Resume Tips
Most resumes are written poorly; you must fully document your experience.
That doesn't mean you tell me you are experienced. You must tell me what your experience is and I will measure your experience. The following bullets are actual poorly written sentences from resumes that we have received:
Please apply to come to work for Fort Bliss - the largest growing fire department in the US Army!
1. GS-0081-8 (4 each) Lead Firefighter (Lieutenant) (72 hour work week) - https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/413258300
2. GS-0081-9 (1 each) Lead Fire Inspector (60 hour work week) - https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/412205900...
3. GS-0081-11 (1 each) Assistant Fire Chief for Prevention (60 hour work week) - https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/412237800
4. GS-2151-6 (1 Each) Emergency Dispatcher (40 hour work week) - https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/413677100
1. GS-0081-9 (1 each) Fire Protection Specialist (Instructor) (60 hour work week)
2. GS-0081-9 (1 each) Supervisory Firefighter (Captain) (144 hour work week)
3. GS-2151-8 (1 each) Emergency Dispatch Supervisor (40 hour work week)
4. GS-0081-7 (Up to 7 each) Firefighter (144 hour work week) - Requires EMT
5. GS-0081-6 (Up to 6 each) Firefighter (144 hour work week) – Does not require EMT