ROAD CLOSURES in Indiana County. Because of heavy rains and flooding, the following roads are closed. Conditions may change, so use care in traveling any route tonight!
* Route 422 East and West is closed between Route 56 and Route 4001, Five Points Road, due to a bridge issue. The detour uses Route 119 to Route 85 to Route 210.
• Route 3039, Anthony Run Road, is closed between Route 422 and Curry Run Road in Armstrong Township.
• Route 3010, Rearick Road,... is closed between Wertz Road and Gazda Road in Young Township
• Route 4005 North between Route 954 and Wayne Avenue for a downed utility
PennDot does not have an estimate on when these roads will open.
FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCY FOR ARMSTRONG...BRUSH VALLEY...CENTER...AND WHITE TOWNSHIPS
The National Weather Service in Pittsburgh has issued a
* Flash Flood Warning for......
Central Indiana County in west central Pennsylvania...
* Until 10:00 tonight.
Up to 6 inches of rain have fallen in the last 24 hours. Flash flooding is expected to occur.
This is a FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCY for Armstrong, Brush Valley, Center, and White Townships. This is a PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. SEEK HIGHER GROUND NOW!
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Indiana, Homer City, Chevy Chase Heights, Lucerne Mines,
Jacksonville, Brush Valley and Yellow Creek State Park.
What are your thoughts, Froggyland?