FYI Maryam Mirzakhani's Iranian-American
I was interviewed by Anime Feminist!
- What inspired you to make your video “5 Things You Didn’t Know About LGBTQs in Japan”, and how has response to it been?
- What does your work as a queer and feminist activist involve?
- When and why did you start to identify as a feminist?
- How do you manage to meet other LGBTQ+ and feminist people in Japan?...
- What kinds of different LGBTQ+ communities and intersections exist in Japan?
- How do you feel everyday life is different for LGBTQ+ people in Japan compared to the US or New Zealand?
- How well do you feel LGBTQ+ people are represented in Japanese pop culture in general?
- How do you feel about yaoi/BL anime and manga, which presents queer male relationships for a target audience of heterosexual women?
- What social and political changes do you think Japan should make first to become an easier place for LGBTQ+ people to live in?
- Which Japanese LGBTQ+ people do you think more westerners should be aware of and why?