Would you or any of your friends be interested in a stall at this years Hemyock Fete on 16th June? Get in touch!
It's a pond life for pupils in Hemyock thanks to renovated water habitat...https://www.devonlive.com/…/its-pond-life-pupils-hemyock-13…
We are looking for local bands, musicians or music groups to come and play at our Summer Fete on 16th June, if you know anyone who might be interested please send us a direct message - thanks!
Get your bikes ready for bike ability, next week, at Hemyock school.
Can anyone from Hemyock share please. My son is organising this to help the school raise some money. It is initially to make sure all bikeability kids are sorte...d for the 19th but anyone is welcome. All 'technicians' are bike enthusiasts and fairly knowledgeable on all things with two wheels!!! If you have a bike that has two wheels.... bring it along!!
You asked...We listened!
At our last PTFA meeting we discussed all suggestions on how we should spend the money you have all helped us to raise. It has been decided that we will look into funding the following this year...
- A new bike shed
- I.T equipment...
- Refurbishing the wooden activity playground
As yet we don't have timescales on when these items will be purchased, but we will keep you updated on progress.
Thank you for all of your suggestions!
We wanted to say some special thank-you's to those that helped our recent quiz come together. So a shout out to...
- Hilary Clements who devised the fantastic questions for the quiz.
- Simon Ould who stepped up to be our amazing quiz master
- Liz Reddaway who donated all of cheese for the evening.
- As ever our willing parent volunteers who managed the bar, waited on tables and managed the ktichen (even when the dishwasher broke)...
These event's wouldn't be possible without all of your support, so THANK YOU!
Calling year 6 parents!
We are short of helpers for this afternoon's bake sale. If anyone can spare the time to help set up from 3pm and then help/supervise the kids selling their cakes from 3.30 it would be a huge help.
Even if you're not a year 6 parent and can spare half an hour, your help would be gratefully received!...
Finally, everyone please remember to bring your purse - the standard of cakes this week is looking as amazing as ever!
It's World Book Day today - yay!
A few little facts for you...
- 2018 is its 21st year of running!
- World Book Day is a Registered charity
- The money raised goes to Book Aid International who say - "in places where books are scarce, we support libraries to provide access to books for millions of people each year". ...
- The charity supports community libraries, schools, refugee camps, hospitals, prisons and universities.
Last year it provided resources to 20 countries, 938333 books and trained 158 librarians - pretty impressive, eh?