Pacari Chocolates UK Torta Pistocchi -Firenze- Bad Brownie Bullion Chocolate J.Cocoa Chocolate Tree
Lauden Chocolate who won a Great British Food award. OCTOchocolate Aubel Chocolate Villakuyaya Organic Dark Chocolate And Sylvia and Terry, Fine Kentish Chocolates. who have our personal fav chocolate from ...the show!
And for those wishing for an escorted tour around the Chocolate Show, Jennifer founder of Taste Tripper is running different tours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Fab!
Imagine a future made of #chocolate AI robots! The UK and Ireland selection for the World Chocolate Masters supported by Cacao Barry part of Barry Callebaut Group took place at Westminster Kingsway College #WCMFuturopolis #WCMUK #WCMIreland
The best show piece went to Martin J Chiffers whose AI robot really ...was out of this world!
Stephen Espouy, the executive pastry chef at The Royal Yacht BRITANNIA won third prize for his innovative take on the future of diet.
Hosted by one of the UK's most awarded chocolatiers Demarquette - Fine Chocolates London the standard this year really was through the roof. Well done to all who took part!
After meeting the Mayor of Woerden we enjoyed a cheese inspired dinner at Van Rossum & Stadshotel Woerden where both the dining area along with the bedrooms have exposed wooden beams. We stopped by Kaaspakhuis Woerden where we learned about cheese, met a 'Cheese King' who delivered a fantastic cheese tasting, while a local journalist from AD Groene Hart shared his insi...ght on his favourite cheese.
We then made our way to the town of Bodegraven where we had a bite to eat in the windmill attached to Brouwerij de Molen before a tour of the brewery. Determined to discover more cheese we found ourselves at Kaasboerderij de Graaf where IB presenter Dr Shagufta tried her hand at milking a cow!
On our last day we visited Kaasboerderij Schep discovering hundreds of cows and even tasting ice-cream made from the milk from the cows on the farm!
Heading to the city of Gouda, South Holland we visit the old weighing station Goudse Kaaswaag where, along with a tasting, we try to pronounce the name Gouda, the Dutch way before we enjoyed our final meal at IJsselhuis Museumhavencafé Gouda with a menu so creative that it began with a Herring sorbet, that's a fish flavoured sorbet!
Our video finishes with a blooper along with a glimpse of why Dutch cheese tastes so good. Hint, it has something to do with what the cows get up to in Dutch barns, truly fascinating!
Showcasing our nations top talent, the UK Pastry Open UK Pastry Club & Team United Kingdom Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie 2019 took place at The Restaurant Show #TRS2017 at Olympia London.
With the founder of the Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie Gabriel Paillasson in attendance, judges included Benoit Blin, executive pastry chef at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons who is the chair of the UK pastry club and chocolatier and team president Martin J Chiffers.
The overall winner of the competition is pastry chef Jamie Houghton whose sugar sculpture can be seen in the video. The ice category was won by Chris Seddon from Coutts. While Sarju Ranavaya from The Taste Lab at Classic Fine Foods UK won the chocolate category. - Well done to all who took part!
Our highlights from the few speeches we saw at New Scientist Live. In order of appearance:
- Astronaut Al Worden Project Apollo on people
- Kevin Whelan on diet, depression and anxiety
- Sean M. Carroll on time and the big bang...
- Astronaut Tim Peake International Space Station on space and science
- Astronaut Helen Sharman on Mars and training
- Composer Emily Howard and Mathematician Marcus du Sautoy on Music and maths with the Piatti Quartet
- And thanks to the Bagel Factory at ExCeL London who fed us
We speak with #Belgian #Chocolatier Pierre Marcolini who shares his views on the future of chocolate and introduces us to his Christmas collection which is inspired by the #French book Le Petit Prince Officiel (The Small Prince). We also hear from his team who share the three magic keys on what makes for good chocolate.
Competition: One UK resident will win a box of Pierre Marcolini chocolates. To enter, simply tell us which book inspires. Good luck!
Join us as we walk through London Fashion Week with On's waterproof trainers, comfortable and very much needed given the rain. With invites to over 30 catwalks we made it to a few great shows catching a bite to eat in-between at Oliver Maki, Chin Chin Ice Cream, Ugly Dumpling, La Gelatiera - Artisan Gelato and MAMIE'S.
Competition! - Win a meal for two at Oliver Maki and Ugly Dumping with delicious ice cream for two at La Gelatiera. Simply, like this video, share this video, and leave a comment telling us what you enjoyed most about our highlights from London Fashion Week
Speakers came from across the political spectrum representing all of the main political parties: Conservative, Labour, LibDem and the Green Party, along with many others, speaking out against the madness that is #Brexit.
We head to Europe's largest consumer electronics show #IFA in #Berlin discovering a number of great products. During our stay we dine at the delicious Michelin starred Markus Semmler "Das Restaurant", watch the truly magical The ONE Grand Show at Friedrichstadt-Palast Berlin, enjoy delicious Turkish #Baklava from Pasam Baklava, view amazing Turkish architecture at DITIB Berlin Türk Sehitlik Camii and enjoy a breathtaking breakfast high up in the restaurant at the Berlin TV To...wer Berliner Fernsehturm.
Along with ShowStoppers brilliant exhibition within IFA, brands we explored include TCL TV, 뱅앤올룹슨/Bang＆Olufsen, Metz CE, De'Longhi Deutschland, Miele, Bosch Global, Panasonic UK, Acer, Yale UK, Philips UK & Ireland, SHARP シャープ株式会社, SanDisk, Pixie Technology and perhaps the brand which stole the show for us, LG TV whose 4k #OLED tunnel really was out of this world!
Opening with Antonio Carluccio who talks about bolognese, we meet Andy from Proper Patisserie talking about #Macarons and Richard from Sponge Cakes Ltd introducing their new #Cake #Card. The BBC Good Food BBC Good Food Show #Feast at Hampton Court Palace brought to end a glorious bank holiday weekend which started at the beach along the south coast with chocolates from Beaulieu Chocolate Studio. - Times like this you need a weekend to recover from the weekend!
Visiting Marwell Wildlife in Visit Hampshire we discover a safari-like experience with snow leopards, tigers, rhinos, giraffes, zebras and so many more animals! Our video also shows a glimpse of the #BrickSafari Bright Bricks with beautiful LEGO sculptures of animals.
On our way back we stopped at The Chestnut Horse Easton a nearby gastropub for a bite two eat: delicious beef short-rib and trout. Much needed after a day at a domestic safari!
Our favourite item was the layers of 12 hour slow cooked brisket burger served on a brioche bun from Meat and Shake followed by the delicious chicken from Mother Clucker. The classic biryani from Rukhsanas was complimented with the fab bubble tea from Lakwatsa. While the chicken wings from HS&Co. ...washed down well with a drink from Chocolateeha. There was a nice non-meat option from Bliss St which is a Saj street stall, and there was no shortage of dessert with the flavourful Persian ice-creams from Darlish, a malted ice-cream sandwich from Happy Endings Ice Cream Sandwiches & Desserts and perhaps the most eye-popping treat from Rebus Glacies: an ice cream cone wrapped with candy floss with chocolate treats dipped into it!
There were many more stalls but we simply couldn't make our way around all of them on a single day. But for those who manage to visit on both days, lucky you!
#HFFLondon #LHFF #LondonHalalFoodFestival #HalalFoodFestival
Join us behind the scenes at The Real Flower Company where founder, Rosebie, introduces us to some of the most fragrant roses in their fields: Margaret Merril, Romantic Antique, Chandos Beauty, Evelyn, and Irish Hope. For all of the rose growers, we also get three great tips from Rob, the flower manager. And at the end of the video Rosebie hand ties a bouquet for IB presenter and photographer Dr Shagufta; with a fabulous commentary throughout
One lucky person ...will win a beautiful bouquet of flowers (UK delivery only). To enter:
1. Like this video
2. Share this video
3. Tell us which of the roses from our video is your favourite
4. And why you should win
Charged with babysitting, our lead editor Farrukh entertained four children at a number of destinations: Official LEGOLAND Windsor, THORPE PARK Official, Birdworld Surrey, Bocketts Farm Park, Garsons - Esher and Godstone Farm. Each offered a different experience, and combined showed how exhausting children can be!
- Legoland: a great experience with lots of rides, though it didn't help that the day we went the train which took you back up to the entrance was being repaired... so pushing a pram back up the hill was not fun. But there was lots for all of the children, including a show, which tops and tails the video.
- Thorpe: the older children enjoyed this much more as there was considerably less for the younger children to do. It was annoying that the first activity as you walked in, the giant inflatable ball on water, required additional payment, setting the scene for many additional pay points and options throughout the park. Dining options weren't the best at the park, and our theory was that if you do go on the more exciting rides, you probably do not want to eat beforehand anyway.
- Birdworld: from the penguin feeding to the new Terry Pratchett inspired owl space. Lots of interactive opportunities, including the chance to see newly hatched flamingos! Summer time included a children's entertainer and face-painting. Overall an enjoyable time out.
- Bocketts: by far the best indoor slide in the Southeast. The pig races were fantastic, as were the playgrounds, and of course the animals, uber cute.
- Garsons: perhaps the largest pick your own fruit and vegetable farm in England, you're really spoilt for choice in season. We collected raspberries and backberries which were added to a freshly baked cake later that evening, which we enjoyed alongside the beautiful sunflowers - also picked at Garsons - set on the dining table.
- Godstone: another great space for entertaining children, the outdoor zipwire was fantastic. At peak time the indoor play area was full and there was a queue to get in, which was unfortunate. The outdoor play areas along with some of the animal enclosures captured the children's attention. The only snag, the carpark is at the top of the hill, and the overflow car park in which we were, even higher up the hill. Pushing a pram, with a fat baby, for someone who isn't used to pushing a pram with a fat baby in it, was not easy!