Join us behind the scenes at The Real Flower Company where founder, Rosebie, introduces us to some of the most fragrant roses in their fields: Margaret Merril, Romantic Antique, Chandos Beauty, Evelyn, and Irish Hope. For all of the rose growers, we also get three great tips from Rob, the flower manager. And at the end of the video Rosebie hand ties a bouquet for IB presenter and photographer Dr Shagufta; with a fabulous commentary throughout
One lucky person ...will win a beautiful bouquet of flowers (UK delivery only). To enter:
1. Like this video
2. Share this video
3. Tell us which of the roses from our video is your favourite
4. And why you should win
Charged with babysitting, our lead editor Farrukh entertained four children at a number of destinations: Official LEGOLAND Windsor, THORPE PARK Official, Birdworld Surrey, Bocketts Farm Park, Garsons - Esher and Godstone Farm. Each offered a different experience, and combined showed how exhausting children can be!
- Legoland: a great experience with lots of rides, though it didn't help that the day we went the train which took you back up to the entrance was being repaired... so pushing a pram back up the hill was not fun. But there was lots for all of the children, including a show, which tops and tails the video.
- Thorpe: the older children enjoyed this much more as there was considerably less for the younger children to do. It was annoying that the first activity as you walked in, the giant inflatable ball on water, required additional payment, setting the scene for many additional pay points and options throughout the park. Dining options weren't the best at the park, and our theory was that if you do go on the more exciting rides, you probably do not want to eat beforehand anyway.
- Birdworld: from the penguin feeding to the new Terry Pratchett inspired owl space. Lots of interactive opportunities, including the chance to see newly hatched flamingos! Summer time included a children's entertainer and face-painting. Overall an enjoyable time out.
- Bocketts: by far the best indoor slide in the Southeast. The pig races were fantastic, as were the playgrounds, and of course the animals, uber cute.
- Garsons: perhaps the largest pick your own fruit and vegetable farm in England, you're really spoilt for choice in season. We collected raspberries and backberries which were added to a freshly baked cake later that evening, which we enjoyed alongside the beautiful sunflowers - also picked at Garsons - set on the dining table.
- Godstone: another great space for entertaining children, the outdoor zipwire was fantastic. At peak time the indoor play area was full and there was a queue to get in, which was unfortunate. The outdoor play areas along with some of the animal enclosures captured the children's attention. The only snag, the carpark is at the top of the hill, and the overflow car park in which we were, even higher up the hill. Pushing a pram, with a fat baby, for someone who isn't used to pushing a pram with a fat baby in it, was not easy!
This year's Silverstone Classic #Race at Silverstone showed the graceful classic car spirit. We stayed nearby at the stunning, nearly, thousand year old property The Manor Country House Hotel where we enjoyed fantastic and much needed rest after the buzz and excitement of #Silverstone. The beautiful views from our suites along with the most amazing 2 AA Rosette restaurant serving beautifully presented menu items The AA UK.
As video bloggers we need both good visuals which we... capture with Get Olympus and decent off camera audio. On this trip, for mobile video, we tried the Go Play mic from 1gospace which allows you to record audio to a clip-on microphone, which is then synched to the video on your mobile phone. We also tried Saramonic Vmic Pro a shotgun microphone which sadly didn't pick up much usable audio given how loud the pits were at Silverstone, but later at our hotel, we managed to capture usable audio.
Cooler for IB presenter Dr Shagufta, her sunglasses from Bighorn Rhino were sparkling throughout leading many to believe she was one of the celebrity racers, so she just had to find a classic car which also matched her hat, to sit in
For those visiting Oxfordshire, a stay at The Manor County House Hotel in Weston-on-the-green is an absolute must. Amongst the desserts is a parmesan offering, which if you are a fan of cheese, will blow you away, yummy!
A delicious menu featuring Rainier Cherries at the residence of the American Deputy Chief of Mission to the UK. U.S. Embassy London Washington State Stone Fruit Growers Northwest Cherries Adventures in Fruit Pink Sky Thank you chef Steve and your team for a fabulous meal.
We meet the two brothers and the head chef behind Manitoba Tigella, an Italian restaurant just steps away from Tottenham Court Road tube station in London. One of their key menu items is the Italian bread, Tigella, served both in a traditional capacity, as well as adapted for the UK market, to include for example avocado and king prawns as a filling. Amongst the desserts is a traditional offering from Venice with Custard Cream which I purposefully haven't included in our slideshow, because some menu items are sooo good that a photo cannot do them justice, and you have to try them yourselves in person! Yummy
Wagyu is the richest and most delectable beef out there, yummy! Executive Chef Suzuki of Benihana Benihana introduces the two varieties at their #London restaurants: traditional Wagyu from Japan and a Halal certified Wagyu from John Dee Australia (needs to be requested on booking). For those who seek a little extra va-va-voom with their #Teppanyaki experience, this is it. Just look at that marbling!
Anyone who mentions 'ImplausibleblogMocktail' while ordering a main course at Benihana in London will get a free mocktail
This offer is valid till August 31st at Benihana Piccadilly (37 Sackville Street) and Benihana Chelsea (77 King's Road). If you'd like the Halal Wagyu option please advise them when booking. Happy eating, and drinking!
A hidden gem in London, the House Mill hosts a new exhibition, Changing Places, curated by Mariam Zulfiqar, who speaks to one of the artists, Omar Chowdhury, in our video.
The winner, ABP Poland, has kindly offered to send one lucky person a selection of their now World's Best Steak Meat, simply tell us why it should be you!
Hear what expert and consumer judges seek when evaluating the best meats: Rod Addy Meat Trades Journal Global Meat News, Alan Franck a master butcher with Ian Chatfield Butchers, Catherine Butler Hugh Phillips Gower Butcher, Peter Rushforth Swans Farm Shop, Marcus Bawdon CountryWoodSmoke UK BBQ MAG, Chris Osburn from Tikichris.com, David Lesniak Outsider Tart, with some words from Jonny Farrell Blue · Butcher & Meat Specialist Maximal Concepts.
Once again the stunning RHS - Royal Horticultural Society #HamptonCourtFlowerShow 2017 packs a punch. From a woman painted with camelias to promote northern Spain.info to Kelly Brook to an encounter with The Hairy Bikers. We came across award winning fudge from Buttermilk Artisan Confectionery and bumped into actress Nina Wadia playing with butterflies. After seven hours at the show we walked over to Mezzet a Lebanese restaurant near Hampton Court Palace where we enjoyed a great meal, to include perhaps the best Fig Hummus I have had in my life! - The observant amongst you will have spotted a pair of heart-shaped sunglasses from Bighorn Rhino which one lucky person will win!
We spent a few days in the city of York with a #YorkPass #YorkAdventure with Visit York and Staycity at Staycity Aparthotels Paragon Street From the most amazing #HarryPotter The Shop That Must Not Be Named located in the famous #Shambles area of the city, the UK's only homage to all things #Cat The Cat Gallery to #soaps that looks like cakes and pastries by The Yorkshire Soap Company. We pass by Stonegate Teddy Bears, climb to the top of York Minster (ouch!), end up scared ...at York Dungeon, visit the Grand Opera House York to catch the #Musical #Gypsy, climb more steps at Clifford's Tower which is an English Heritage property, ensuring that we also indulge at WESTGATE HAIR AND CITY SPA,YORK.
Dining in York lived up to every expectation with meals at 29 States The Indian Kitchen, Las Iguanas York, The Rise at The Grand Hotel & Spa, York, Wildwood restaurant and the gloriously sweet Bettys.
We enjoyed our time so much that to share the experience, we are gifting one lucky person items from the Harry Potter, Soap and Cat Gallery stores. Simply like, share and comment on why you should win. The best entry will win. Good luck!
Celebrating the end of the month of ramadan during which Muslims fast, the celebration of Eid lasts three days, and the words written on her forearm in Arabic, in henna, mean, 'Happy Eid'