- DirectorMarch 2016 to present HuddersfieldAppointed to the board of directors, as the company approaches its twentieth anniversary.
Working with the CEO and board to provide weirdness, rebelliousness, advice and guidance on the centre's role in the wider ecosphere and to help to develop its membership.
- TrusteeJune 2014 to present Halifax, West YorkshireRecruited to provide a perspectives on emerging technologies and the arts for IOU Theatre, an organisation with 37 years experience making original work across art-forms including sculptural installations, site specific performance, music, touring theatre and interactive digital works.
- TrusteeFebruary 2013 to June 2015 City of BradfordInvited to joined the board of Impressions Gallery, an independent, not-for-profit space for contemporary photography, to provider governance and guidance on the gallery's strategy and development.
- Conference DirectorOctober 2010 to June 2011 Manchester, United KingdomProgramming the conference strand of the 2011 FutureEverything Festival; direct an advisory board; develop themes; deliver speakers and panellists; create programme schedules.
- Co-Founder & CuratorJune 2007 to September 5, 2017 LeedsCurating and producing a series of events, conferences, meetups and festivals - ranging from BarCamp unconferences and OpenCoffee meetups, to local editions of Girl Geek Dinners, O'Reilly's Ignite events and TEDx events, alongside hosting speakers from Twitter, Google, Union Square Ventures and others.
LSx's mission is to cohere Leeds' tech sector around discussions of emerging technologies and also to develop relationships with the broader, global cultures of technology.
- ENGINE_LeedsNov 2013 to Aug 2014
- Campus LeedsMay 2013 to Nov 2013
- BufferingIn Nov 2011
- TEDxBradfordJul 2011 to Mar 2014
- TEDxLeedsSep 2009 to Jan 2014
- Ignite LeedsJan 2009 to Feb 2014
- Girl Geek DinnersAug 2008 to Oct 2012
- BarCamp LeedsNov 2007 to May 2010
- Old Broadcasting HouseNov 2007 to May 2013
- OpenCoffee / LSxCafeJun 2007 to Mar 2014
- Show all (10)
- DirectorJuly 2004 to January 2008 City of BradfordAs an elected board director, my responsibilities included accountability in ensuring funding from regional development agencies was utilised to create regional prosperity and employment for member companies and generally in the region.
- Senior Research ConsultantMay 2001 to December 2006Served as Senior Consultant and Deputy to the Director of Technology Research, an emerging technologies think-tank for France Telecom's Freeserve, Wanadoo and Orange businesses.