Our event of today on #Linux and Free Software
Organized by YouCode in collaboration with J.C.P Laboratory and the Faculty of Information Communication and Digital Technologies of the University of Mauritius
Our Introduction to #Linux workshop today surely met the attendees expectations.
Here are a few reasons why our participants were so keen on joining the Linux & Free Open Source Software Workshop
1. Because I want to know more on the modern ...technology.
2. It would help me quite a bit as I work part-time as an IT technician at a company.
3. I want to learn new things and I am passionate about the IT field.
4. Linux has always been a software I want to explore.
5. I am currently doing software engineering course so I am interested in all that concerns IT and I think it will also help me in some modules.
6. I want to learn more about Linux as I am a software engineering student and I don't want to limit my programming skills only on Windows. I want to learn about different platforms also in parallel.
7. As far as I know, Linux is one of the best open source OS and gaining knowledge in this field may help me acquire more skills.
8. We are a family of geeks.
--Introduction to Linux and Open-Source Software
An event targeted towards college (high-school) students....
We aim during which to get them initiated with Linux and other open-source technologies.
More details here: http://cedr.me/n6j0u
This workshop is organized by YouCode in collaboration with J.C.P Laboratory and the University of Mauritius. Some of the objectives that will be covered during the workshop will be to get students started in Linux, demonstrate the advantages of using Linux and an introduction on Open Source Software.
Introduction to linux...
Understand the Linux Kernel and File System
System Configuration and GUIs
Understand and Use Package Managers
Introduction to the Linux Shell
Hands on Practical Lab
Awarding certificate ceremony
To get students started in Linux
Demonstrate the advantages of using Linux
Introduce a free and open source software
Help students boost their I.T. career
After six months of coding and research, Rashell our #opensource command processor for Windows hits first general availability today with public alpha release. Here's how to download and install.
Cédric & Akshay are talking about the Intelligent System Scripting Language (ISSL) for the first since we started its development in 2014.
Details about ISSL:
ISSL is a scripting language designed with the concept of human-like smart systems in mind.
This new technology revolutionizes the way Artificial Intelligent entities are created, how their behaviors are shaped and about how they learn and apply knowledge. With that, we hope to bring a touch of humanity to our machines. It’s a smart concept that we want to explore and discuss.
Meet Cédric at the Developer's Conference this 1st April 2017. He'll be presenting ISSL for the first time. (https://blog.jcplaboratory.org/intelligent-systems-scripti…/)
Here's his session listing:
Registration for Developer's Conference is now open. http://conference.mscc.mu
Mark your calendar!
Logging about how to Basic configure NGINX.https://blog.jcplaboratory.org/configuring-nginx-ubuntu/
Read: How to force stop Windows 10 from receiving updates.
Want to get involve with us?
We are now pushing some our freeware utilities source code on Github. Time to folk and collaborate with us on the Lab projects. https://github.com/jcplaboratory