- September 4, 2017 to presentWriter, blogger, editor. To avoid environmental catastrophe? Not person-by-person; rather via institutions changing.
How do we change institutions? Well, how do they really work?
A: Exchanging Information.
Well, how does that work?
A: That's what I'm exploring. Come along and see: algorithms and paradoxes in layers.
- Board of DirectorsPortland, OregonDeveloping organizational capability for community-based groups and helping them at low or now cost to design, finance, and build structures that serve their members, increase efficiency, and reduce overhead costs.
- Transition PDXI helped start the movement in neighborhoods and with city-wide working groups to achieve a new kind of society based on local community resilience.
Anticipating new conditions in the world arising as a result of financial breakdown, global warming and dwindling oil, water and food, I am committed to resilience and optimism.
Transition Initiatives around the world are designing our own futures from the bottom up, community by community, seeking to create joy, families, local businesses, and revived acquaintance with our neighbors.
See the web sites and follow the conversations:
www.transitionnrtwork.org, and www.transitionpdx.org
- Class of 1997MA Organizational Systems Renewal, Class 8 Leadership Team Development Large Group Processes - Creating Our Own Future Yellow Springs, Ohionow a part of Bainbridge Graduate Institute
- I spend a lot of my time looking at how climate change, fossil fuel usage, and dwindling water, soil, and other resources may show up in our future - like financial crises and a recession that won't recover?
I'm writing a blog that I will turn into a book that begins with the question: Who will make the effective changes necessary for survival in future - the Great Turning as Joanna Macy put it? It continues to examine information as it determines life and organizations - and how we might use that knowledge to avoid catastrophe.
I'm also looking at an innovative approach to local government, which is a contradiction in terms - and will nevertheless be required before the Great Turning is over.
What else? Read my web page and blog. I'll post the URLs as soon as I'm on line.
- No favorite quotes to show