- Chief of Staff, Performance Manager2013 to 2014 Palo Alto, CaliforniaGlobal team of 200+ product managers, technical developers, project managers, user interface and user experience experts, quality assurance professionals delivering full life cycle for 65+ marketing and communications applications
• Oversee budget of $19M+, including outsourcing, vendor relations
• Devise, implement, drive adoption of performance measures, metrics
• Increase cross-team collaboration, best practice sharing
• Drive operational excellence, financial performance, customer loyalty, continuous quality improvement
• Recognized for effectively leading cross-functional, multi-location Tridion Tiger Team to resolve publishing performance issues, implement daily Performance Scorecard
- February 2007 to October 2013San Jose, California• Support sale of Cisco Technical Services through proactive engagement to advise on deal ROI including differentiators, margins, usage; competitive landscape, differentiators, positioning, messaging for this $40 billion dollar, publicly-held networking company, founded in 1984.
• Reduced Cisco’s legal and product development costs, improved process efficiency using DMAIC (Six Sigma) methodology to manage Commercial and Open Source Software Initiative strategy, communications, training teams.
• Increased service quality, customer satisfaction, and customer loyalty by co-leading Cisco response to Daylight Savings Time and Global Time Zone observance changes
• Improved legal compliance and product quality by driving complex, cross-functional integration of Cisco internal alert management tools
• Enhanced recruitment, retention, career advancement of technical women and increased community awareness of technical careers for young women by co-chairing 700 m
- Creating value by connecting people, information, and ideas, to accomplish strategic results
Kathryn Welds's professional experience spans roles as an organizational psychologist, technology consultant, software industry analyst, marketing and sales executive.
She joined Cisco in 2007 to lead strategy, communications, and training for large-scale global transformation initiatives in an Engineering operations group, and in a world-wide Technical Services sales support group. Her work has been recognized with a number of awards, and she has been active in Inclusion and Diversity initiatives.
At Oracle Corporation, she defined industry-specific business processes, evangelized human resources applications, and managed global transformation projects. Her work in business development was recognized with several Top Performer awards.
Recognized with a Rising Star award for research leadership with technology consulting firm Aberdeen Group, she provided competitive analysis and market strategy services.
Kathryn led business integration and Voice of the Customer initiatives at Hewlett-Packard, and directed Mercer Human Resource Consulting’s West Coast specialty healthcare benefits practice.
After establishing the first employee assistance program for Levi Strauss & Co., Inc., she founded a specialty health program for a multi-location Los Angeles medical group.
Consulting, expatriate assignments, and speaking engagements have taken her around the globe to more than 70 countries (half in emerging markets), and she's authored more than 40 publications on technology, workplace, healthcare, and educational issues.
A graduate of Scripps College (B.A., Psychology, Phi Beta Kappa) and Harvard University (M.A., Ph.D., Personality and Developmental Psychology), she completed post-doctoral fellowships at Cornell University Medical College (New York City), California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco), and the Graduate School of Management at University of California (Irvine).
Kathryn is a licensed, board-certified psychologist in California, and taught at Harvard University, Pepperdine University, University of California at Los Angeles, University of San Francisco, and others.
- No favorite quotes to show