We join Mossy Oak in honoring Kentuckian Hank Patton and USA Cares. Thank you for the important work you do to help our Armed Forces families by helping to provide them with stability in times of crisis!
It’s a great time to put up or clean out nesting or roosting boxes for wildlife...spring nesting season is approaching!
Do you have wildlife boxes on your land or around your home?
MY PROFILE - https://app.fw.ky.gov/myprofile/
*Reprint licenses FREE
*Reprint hunter ed & boater ed cards FREE
*Review your harvest records ...
HUNTER EDUCATION - Youths & New Hunters, get certified before spring turkey season: https://fw.ky.gov/Education/Pages/Hunter-Education.aspx
Apply to the Kentucky Elk Hunt Drawing NOW. Click https://app.fw.ky.gov/solar/ then select 2018-19 and choose each of the 4 permit types you want to apply for.
NEW FISHING REGULATIONS for 2018-19 (Effective March 1):
• Statewide daily creel limit for crappie is now 20 fish (per angler per day).
• Statewide daily creel limit for rainbow trout is now 8 fish. The statewide daily creel limit for brown trout is now 1 fish with a 16-inch minimum size limit.
• Possession or use of live shad for bait is now prohibited on all Fishing in Neighborhoods (FINs) lakes....
• Anglers may use dip nets to collect baitfish statewide.
• Anglers using jugs, trot lines or limb lines must now use the Customer Identification Number provided on their fishing licenses to tag their jugs or lines, instead of their name and address.
• Barren River Lake: Blue and channel catfish now under a 15-fish daily creel limit, only one fish may be longer than 25 inches.
• Taylorsville Lake: Crappie minimum size limit is now 10 inches.
• Beaver Lake (Anderson County): The 15-inch minimum size limit on largemouth bass is now removed.
• Beech Fork Reservoir (Powell County): Largemouth bass are now under a 15-inch minimum size limit. Bluegill are now under a 15-fish daily creel limit.
• Benjy Kinman Lake (Henry County): Crappie, bluegill and sunfish now under statewide regulations.
• Southland Christian Church Lake (Jessamine County) is now enrolled in the Fishing in Neighborhoods (FINs) program.
• Willisburg Park Pond (Washington County): Largemouth bass are now under a 1-fish daily creel limit with a 15-inch minimum size limit, sunfish are under a 15-fish daily creel limit with no minimum size limit while channel catfish are under a 4-fish daily creel limit with no minimum size limit.
Win a BIG FISH kit - Visit Kentucky Afield's page and follow instructions under this post to enter the giveaway...
We're doing a big BIG giveaway this week!
Included is a 7'6" Heavy-Fast Shimano Compre, a 00 A.C. Shiner (Chad's favorite musky lure and the one he caught his... first on), and a pack of Keitech Swing Impact FAT swimbaits (One of Chads favorite bass lures).
To win you must be a fan of Kentucky Afield on Facebook, and also need to share and comment on this post... So if you already "Like" the page simply hit the share button and leave us a comment below.
We will pick a random winner next Monday, the 19th, and will announce the winner that afternoon.
Good luck everyone! This is a great package... The rod is perfect for musky fishing, throwing an A-Rig, or for tossing a heavy swimbait. Someone should get a lot of good use out of it!
Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources
Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Foundation Fish Shimano Fish G.Loomis Keitech USA Day's Boat Sales & Service
TAKE YOUR VALENTINE TO A SHOOTING RANGE -- A FUN & PRACTICAL GIFT: https://www.nssf.org/range-dates-valentines-day-ideas-tha…/…
*FREE PRINTABLE TARGET: http://targets.s3.amazonaws.com/…/1702Targets_NSSF_Valentin…
*RANGE SAFETY TIPS: https://vimeo.com/220814809
Enter the 2018 KY Elk Hunt Drawing TODAY: https://app.fw.ky.gov/solar/
*700 Permits (plus 10 Youth-only)
*4 Million+ Acres in KY Elk Zone...
*Apply up to 4 times - once per available permit type:
1. Bull Firearm Permit
2. Bull Archery/Crossbow Permit
3. Cow Firearm Permit
4. Cow Archery/Crossbow Permit
GREEN RIVER LAKE BOAT RAMP CLOSURE - Snake Creek ramp temporarily closed Feb. 12 - Mar. 1.
The ramp will be extended & maintenance performed for improved access, but others on the lake will remain open. All public boat ramps are listed here-->https://app.fw.ky.gov/fisheries/waterbody.aspx