- Lecturer (Visiting Faculty)2014 to present Maastricht, NetherlandsFaculty in their Leadership Development Program for Masters' Students and the Leaders in Public Health For Europe (LEPHIE) - an international professional development program for European health leaders funded by the European Commission.
- President (title)January 2002 to present Bermuda Run, North CarolinaThe Rethmeier Group, LLC is committed to providing a broad spectrum of organizational development consulting services tailored to enhance our clients' capacity, capability, and confidence so they can achieve extraordinary levels of performance. Our approach is designed to work with you & your team to learn how to apply balanced, disciplined, and innovative thinking to the critical business issues confronting your company.
Dr. Kenneth A. Rethmeier, DrPH, the founder and President, has an extensive professional background based on over 40 years working in healthcare, financial services, and U.S. Navy Medicine. The company was built on the foundation of helping its clients design their future through organization learning & the pursuit of sustained superior performance, innovative thinking & profound strategic change.
Quite simply, we facilitate identifying and implementing creative solutions with demonstrated results...
"Shaping Minds to Build Business"!
- VP for Learning CenterApril 1994 to January 1998 Charlotte, North CarolinaLed corporate learning center. Grant winner by Disney Development and Adventist Health System, Orlando, Florida as Anchor Partner for Education at Celebration Health.
- VP for ResearchJune 1990 to April 1994 Harrisburg, PennsylvaniaLead research activities for association and its member hospitals. HAP mission is representation and advocacy. Research efforts led to two successful lawsuits against state government re Medicaid reimbursements and tax exempt status of members. Conducted first statewide community health needs assessment and published results. Recognized by American Hospital Association for the health needs assessment as an industry leading effort.
- Health Care Administrator1968 to 199022 years commissioned service as a Medical Service Corps officer retiring as a Captain, MSC, USN. Assignments included two tours assigned to the Marine Corps including one tour of duty in Vietnam. Held numerous very senior positions during his career, Captain Rethmeier served as the Commanding Officer of the Naval School of Health Sciences in Bethesda Maryland.
- Jun 1968 to Aug 1968National Health Service CardiffSummer peripatetic study program to better understand the nature, organization and foundation the National Health Service of the UK.