Knowledge QuestEducation in Memphis, Tennessee
Selling USDA Certified Organic produce tomorrow at the Cooper Young Farmers Market. Support urban farmers in Memphis.
Got Collard Greens, Okra, Kale, Mustard G...reens, Tomatoes, Sweet Peppers, Thai Chillies, Habaneros, Eggplant, and Squash!
Or if you can't make it but still want to buy from us hit me up in messenger.
Did somebody say sweet potatoes?
Today, students explored the sweet potato from the roots to the table.
Did you know???...
• Dr. George Washington Carver discovered more than 100 uses for the sweet potato including, flour, dyes, and vinegar to name a few.
• China is the largest country in sweet potato crop production
• There are over 1,200 sweet potato varieties known to man.
• Sweet potato is actually just ONE word; sweetpotato.
• Sweet potatoes are a great staple for consuming more vitamins A & C.
• Baked sweet potatoes are a healthy alternative for dessert.
• Last bit surely not least, this is the best time to start planting your slips, for spring harvest!
JUCA Highlights: Meet Tamia Townsend, she has been a passionate leader of the culinary arts since the establishment of the academy.
Let’s take a moment to congratulate her for her recent acceptance and future culinary endeavors!
Way to go Tamia Townsend!!
JUCA staff and students spent the morning serving, packing and distributing holiday boxes in collaboration with Team Max-Soulfull Memphis and 300+ volunteers.
Happiest of Holidays, Memphis!