- "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
I am the most unexpected person you will ever meet.
- "If you always are what you always were, you always will be what you always were." -Larry Nutter
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.
Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered
by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
The details of my life are quite inconsequential.... Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really. At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Vilmer ritualistically shaved my testicles — there really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's breathtaking... I suggest you try it.- Dr. Evil
1. Exercise the freedom to choose your attitude - in all situations, no matter how desperate they may appear or actually be, you always have the ultimate freedom to choose your attitude.
2.Realize your will to meaning—commit authentically to meaningful values and goals that only you can actualize and fulfill.
3. Detect the meaning of life's moments—only you can answer for your own life by detecting the meaning at any given moment and assuming responsibility for weaving your unique tapestry of existence.
4.Don't work against yourself—avoid becoming so obsessed with or fixated on an intent or outcome that you actually work against the desired result.
5.Look at yourself from a distance—only human beings possess the capacity to look at themselves out of some perspective or distance, including the uniquely human trait known as your "sense of humor".
6. Shift your focus of attention—deflect your attention from the problem situation to something else and build your coping mechanisms.