- President1986 to 1990 New York, New YorkMovie Tee's was the first company to bring licensed film related tee-shirts to the video market-place.
We obtained licenses for Disney, Warner Bros. and other motion picture properties. Worked on premium programs with most of the major video distributors and manufacturers (Disney, CBS/Fox, Paramount). Pioneered the “Studio Store” concept for video tape, by placing commercials for merchandise directly on the video movies.
We had offices in Manhattan and a full time and freelance staff in California to design and produce our garments. Was also responsible for writing all press releases and photographing all of our companies products for these releases, advertisements and company price lists.
Within the first three months of operation, Movie Tee's sold over 2.6 million dollars in tee-shirts with a net profit of over one million dollars. Movie Tee's was considered to be one of the most important new companies to hit the video market.
- VP Sales and Marketing1980 to 1983 New York, New YorkTrissi was a major manufacturer of women's sportswear. At Trissi I created a new and forceful large size sportswear division.
Adapting appropriate styles from their other sportswear divisions, and travelling extensively with our 35 man road force (while meeting store executives and planning major purchasing programs), I was able to build one of the hottest companies in the market.
My responsibilities also included helping many stores start their first "large size" sportswear departments, creating powerful ads and promotions and running successful fashion shows at retailers nationally. My divisions volume at the end of three years exceeded $9 million dollars and accounted for 1/3 of Trissi’s total corporate volume.
- Divison Manager1978 to 1980 New York, New YorkVera was a women's sportswear division of Manhattan Industries. While working directly with Perry Ellis, the famed designer, we formed what was to be one of the first large size sportswear companies in the industry.
This new division called "Very Vera," was featured in articles appearing in the Wall St. Journal, Women's Wear Daily, and the "Today Show," starring Pia Lindstrom. My achievements included the formation of one of the newest and strongest divisions of Vera, producing an annual volume in excess of $4 million dollars.
I was considered one of the leading pioneers in creating fashion sportswear for the large sized woman.
- Owner-operator1968 to 1978 New York, New YorkExecutive recruitment firm specializing in the placement of sales and marketing personnel. Working closely with executives at client companies I helped them fulfill their sales and management needs.
I hired and trained a staff of recruiters who worked for us over the years. Worked with other leading employment agencies during this time period on joint ventures and other business opportunities.
Traveled to industry trade shows, conducted recruitment seminars, wrote all advertising to be placed in each weeks papers and personally recruited and placed hundreds of sales and marketing executives each year.
- Happy to discover so many talented photographers, journalists and neighbors on Facebook. Please join us at IMPress Magazine and the Hazlet News here on Facebook and visit our websites too..
Visit us at http://internationalpress.org/index.php?file=networking
Please visit our online publication IMPress Magazine at:
Our latest publication the Hazlet News can be found at: http://hazletnews.com/
Due to security concerns, I have decided to remove my personal information at Facebook.
- We Learn By Doing..our organizations mantra.