- Presenter/producerAugust 2017 to present Sydney, AustraliaCo-host and show producer of Electronique Radio, the weekly online radio show spinning the best of the 80's 12" mixes along with DJ Jade To Gray. Online Saturday evenings 6-8pm (AEST) at www.bondibeachradio.com.au
- Presenter/producerJuly 2017 to present Sydney, AustraliaCo-host and producer of The Listening Room, a monthly online podcast with Robbie Lowe, spinning the latest deep house, tech and progressive tunes alongside some all-time classics and guilty pleasures. Tune in here: https://www.mixcloud.com/TheListeningRoomAU/
- Location Sound Recordist for Film & TV + Independent Record LabelJanuary 2008 to present Sydney, AustraliaIndependent Record Label Owner & Location Sound Recordist / Music Composer for Film & Media
- Established and recognised as Mark Dynamix for other genres; Mark keeps it simple, using his birthname Mark Vick for deep progressive soundscapes with a touch of techno influence.
Over 27 years in the music industry, he’s been across it all - from DJ to producer/remixer, record label owner to event promoter and every other capacity in between. Holding the mantle for the most CD’s sold by any DJ in Australia spread across 35+ releases, he knows a thing or two about how to put a set together in whatever genre you throw at him.
As Ministry’s kingpin DJ from 2001 until 2010, Mark still holds the mantle for the highest selling compilation in Australia of any musical genre at 350,000+ CDs sold (Ministry Annual 2006), and his mixing for Ministry stretches through The Annuals, Summer Annuals, Sessions, Club Nations, Chillout Sessions, Late Nite Sessions, Mixtapes and Discotek compilations. Being an avid collector of music in all formats since his first record purchase when he was 8 years old (back in 1983), Mark is humble about the fact that there are collectors who strive to obtain all of the 30 or so compilation mix CD's he put out over the years through labels such as Ministry Of Sound. When asked about his longevity & his extensive back catalogue of DJ mixes and original music, Mark said "It's a wonderful feeling to know that people are gaining the same enjoyment that I feel when I manage to complete a favourite bands discography, for instance. It’s satisfying to know that even with the demise of physical formats to the digital domain, there are still avid collectors out there with a real love of music on CD & vinyl".
Aside from promoting his own Jack The House events concetrating on acid house/Chicago house & his Electronique events focusing on classic New Wave under the Dynamix banner, Mark Vick is back in the spotlight mixing deep house/progressive with clinical precision, headlining events & venues such as S.A.S.H, Café Del Mar, Home, Ivy & Sly Fox. With a solid 2017 laid ahead and national events planned for 2018 alongside an album release due soon to follow up his Identify Me 2017 single, Mark Vick could very well reclaim the mantle of "the hardest working DJ in Australia" (3D World magazine, 2001).
"It's good to be back playing the sound I love, deep emotive cinematic music that moves you psychologically as well as physically. There's so many interesting hybrids of sound out there at the moment - being made locally as well as overseas - it's a great time to be playing music. There's nothing better than the feels you get when a certain key change brings on an emotional response; and when a collective of people in front of you all get those feels at the same time as you, it's an incredible moment that can never be taken for granted. I try and savour every minute."
You can also hear Mark & Robbie Lowe’s new radio podcast “The Listening Room” on www.mixcloud.com/TheListeningRoomAU - or hear it on Bondi Beach Radio www.bondibeachradio.com.au every Sunday from 11pm AEST.
Mark also spins 80's new wave/nu-romantic and synth pop weekly on Bondi Beach Radio from 6-8pm AEST on a Saturday evening alongside Jade To Gray on the show "Electronique Radio".
- No favorite quotes to show
Others Named Mark Vick