- Monitoring, implementing, documenting and photogrraphing for future publishing2000 to present Saratoga Springs, New YorkMary Ellen is creating a Wild Butterfly Habitat on 1 acre of meadow, in the woods, of private land, owned by her family.
- Writing a field guide for Monarch Butterfly Habitat in Shell Lake,WI.2012 to presentWe formed a publishing house www.butterfly-woman-publishing.com to address the creative flow of our collaboration. At the same time the Web (Blog) grows organically with other writers, visual artists, editors, interviewers and publishers.
- Monarch Butterfly Coloring BookSold on Amazon and eBay. The book is also available at Northwind Book and Fiber, Spooner, WI, and The Little Gift House, Solon Springs, WI
- Mushrooms 101Learning to identify six edible mushrooms by first identifying trees they fruit on or near. Best mushroom class I ever learned from.
- English languageEnglish writing classes. I have been writing and studying people, culture, butterflies, food, herbalogy, native plants and pollinators for most of my adult life.
- EthnobotanyBy far my favorite class out of all the field study classes.
About Mary Ellen
- I have relocated to Fitchburg MA to a protected watershed area. Fitchburg is the second hilliest city in the country. Started to implement another habitat. This one will be a Wild Butterfly Habitat and Wildlife Sanctuary. Later these images and words turn to published photography & writings. In turn this leads to future inspired books.
An Ojibwe elder, Margarent Lynk, once told me, "Let nature teach you."
Retired Executive Director of Happy Tonics, Inc. a nonprofit 501(c) (3) environmental education organization and public charity. Mission: Sanctuary for the Monarch Butterfly and Food Safety Issues.
Presently as of 2013, I am a Board Member.
- "Nothing lasts forever," by grandmother Anna Cunningham. "Never a dull moment," by Margaret Harrington, "Bless your heart," by Mary Ellen Ryall. "Lead them down the garden path" by Larry Northcutt.