Pedestrian Killed in Crash on Capitol Trail
DSP News Release: Pedestrian Killed in Crash on Capitol Trail
- Capitol Trail (St. Rt. 2) at Polly Drummond Hill Road, Newark, DE
Date of Occurrence:
- Monday, February 11, 2013, at 6:00 p.m.
Pedestrian, Operator, and Vehicle:
- Pedestrian: Timothy Coston, 49, of Wilmington, DE (deceased)
- Operator: Hao Liu, 23, of Newark, DE (properly restrained, not injured)
- Vehicle: 2013 Toyota Corolla
- Passenger: 22-year-old female from Stoneybrook, NY
Newark- The Delaware State Police Collision Reconstruction Unit is investigating a crash that claimed the life of a Wilmington man yesterday evening.
The incident occurred at 6:00 p.m. when Timothy Coston, 49, of Wilmington, began crossing from the median of Capitol Trail (St. Rt. 2), immediately east of Polly Drummond Hill Road, to the north edge of the roadway. He was struck by a westbound 2013 Toyota Corolla operated by Hao Liu, 23, of Newark, which was traveling in the right lane of Capitol Trail.
Coston was transported to Christiana Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Liu and his 22-year-old female passenger were both properly restrained at the time of the collision, and uninjured. Traffic was impacted on Capitol Trail for approximately two hours as Troopers investigated and cleared the crash.
Released: 021213 0725