Cape Cod Mall National Anthem Singing Competition Official Rules
The Cape Cod Mall National Anthem Singing Competition (“Contest”), sponsored by the Hyannis Harbor Hawks, will be held Saturday, June 22, 2013. All participants are subject to the following Official Contest Rules:
1. ENTRY: Registration for this Contest will be held during mall hours between Saturday June 1, 2013 through Saturday June 22, 2013 at 1:45 p.m. (“Registration Period”). Registration is limited to the first twenty (20) eligible entrants. Participation in this promotion constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and decisions of Mayflower Cape Cod, LLC and Hyannis Harbor Hawks (herein jointly referred to as “Sponsor”) which are final in all respects. To enter, fill out an official entry form at the Cape Cod Mall Simon Guest Services desk (“Registration Site”) during the Registration Period. All entry forms must be completed in full, and received in the official entry binder located at the Registration Site. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries. Entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned. In order to be eligible to enter, to compete for a prize in the Contest and accept the Grand Prize, each eligible entrant ("Entrant") must submit a completed entry form and abide by these Official Contest Rules.
The Contest will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 22, 2013 in the Food Court. All Entrants must be checked in by 1:45 p.m. on Saturday, June 22, 2013 at the performance area located in the Food Court. Entrants will perform the national anthem and be judged by a panel of impartial representatives ("Judges") designated by Sponsor. Decisions of the Judges and Sponsor on all aspects of this Contest will be final and binding in all respects. Each Judge will award a score up to ten (10) points based on the following criteria 1) Presentation; 2) Expression; and 3) Vocal talent. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any technical problems or malfunctions during the course of an Entrant’s performance or judging. The three (3) entrants with the highest scores overall, will be designated the Grand Prize Winners. In the event of a tie in scoring, the tied entrants will each sing the national anthem for the Judges and the tie will be broken based on the Judges final scoring of the tie breaking performances. The three (3) Grand Prize Winners will sing the National Anthem at a Hyannis Harbor Hawks home game during the 2013 season. Grand Prize Winners will be announced at the conclusion of the Contest on Saturday, June 22, 2013. If any of the Grand Prize Winners are unable or unwilling to sing at the Hyannis Harbor Hawks game, the entrant with the next highest score will be contacted.
2. ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary to enter. Contest is not open to residents of Rhode Island. Contest is open to individuals who are legal residents of the remaining 49 United States and Washington, D.C. Entrants must be twelve (12) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, agents, representatives of Sponsor; its merchants; Simon Property Group; their affiliates, suppliers, advertising, prize-sponsoring, promotional, the participating radio station, judging panel, or judging agencies; and the immediate family members of such employees are not eligible to participate or win.
Additional requirements are as follows:
- All Entrants understand that Sponsor is not responsible for any costs that the Entrant may incur in connection with this Contest or any prize that may be awarded.
- Entrant shall be limited to an appearance on stage of no more than 3 minutes. In the interest of time and other event considerations, Sponsor reserves the right to shorten the appearance on stage.
- Props will not be permitted.
- Any special clothing/costume may be worn and entrants should dress to impress. Entrant’s choice of attire and appearance is at his/her discretion, however, such pieces may not, in Sponsor's sole discretion, be defamatory, pornographic, obscene, needlessly controversial, or include profanities or inappropriate body movements/gestures, and any such Entrant will be disqualified.
3. PRIZES: Grand Prize Winners will be selected by the Judges based on the criteria above. The three (3) Grand Prize Winners will each receive one (1) prize as outlined below. The seventeen (17) remaining Entrants will receive one (1) prize for participation as outlined below. Prizes will be announced at the conclusion of the contest, and awarded on Saturday June 22, 2013. All prizes must be claimed within thirty (30) minutes of the announcement, or prize will be forfeited. The Grand Prize Winners will each receive a Hyannis Harbor Hawks prize gift basket containing merchandise from the Hyannis Harbor Hawks (ARV: $50.00) and an opportunity to sing the National Anthem at a Hyannis Harbor Hawks home game during the 2013 season. Exact game date will be coordinated by the Hyannis Harbor Hawks. All remaining Entrants will receive a gift bag containing merchandise from the Hyannis Harbor Hawks, Cape Cod Mall, and participating mall retailers (ARV: $25.00) for his/her participation.
4. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize or prizes of equal or greater value for any and all prizes. No other substitutions or cash equivalents allowed. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor will not make any cash payment for any reason, after each winner is awarded his/her prize. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in forfeiture of the prize. All prizes legitimately claimed will be awarded. Winners must show photo ID to collect his/her prize and will be required to complete all necessary paperwork, provide his/her social security number for tax purposes, and sign for their prize. Minor children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to collect their prize. The parent or guardian will be required to complete the paper work on the minor child’s behalf and sign for the prize. Winner, or legal guardian of winner, is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable, federal, state, and local taxes, and any additional fees associated with the prize. All federal, state and local laws apply.
5. WINNER RELEASE: This promotion is governed by the State of Massachusetts. By accepting the prize, winners agree to release Sponsor, Mayflower Realty, LLC, SPG Mayflower, LLC, Simon Property Group, L.P., Simon Property Group, Inc., their merchants; agents, affiliates, employees, suppliers, and advertising, promotional, or judging agencies; and any prize-sponsoring agency from any and all liability whatsoever for injuries and/or death, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize or while preparing for participation in and/or traveling to any prize-related activity. Winners consent and agree to the use of their names, photographs, and voices or likenesses for broadcast and promotional purpose by Sponsor during and after the contest, without compensation by Sponsor.
6. MISCELLANEOUS: Entrant understands that he/she may be photographed and/or his/her performance may be videotaped or otherwise recorded. Entrant agrees, that without any further right to compensation, permission, or notification, to allow his/her name, biographical information, photo/video, voice, performance or likeness (“Media”) to be used for any purpose by Sponsor. Entrants (and parent/legal guardian agree in the case of minors) grant the Sponsor and its designees, without limitation, the non-exclusive, royalty-free license to record, modify and advertise the Entrant's Contest appearance, and the recording and copy embodied therein for trade, advertising, promotional and/or other commercial purposes as Sponsor may determine without further consideration (monetary or otherwise) to the applicable Entrant. Sponsor is and will remain the owner of the Media and any and all copyrights, trademarks, and other rights relating thereto or arising therefrom that Entrant may hold are hereby assigned to Sponsor. Entrant agrees to have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, alteration, burring, distortion, faulty reproduction, illusionary effect, or use in any composite form of Entrant’s name, photo/video, voice, performances, likeness or appearance.