Grilled Chicken with Red and Blue(berry) Salsa
SUPER FOOD: BLUEBERRIES
In City of Hope labs, studies of blueberries have shown they inhibit growth and spread of triple-negative breast cancer, which is the one of the most aggressive types of breast cancer and often resistant to standard treatment. Find out more about these small but power-packed potential cancer-fighters here: Blueberries Hold Cancer-Fighting Properties.
Grilled Chicken with Red & Blue(berry) Salsa
(Yield: 4 servings)
- 4 (6 oz) chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- Olive oil (for grilling the chicken)
- Salt and pepper
- Prepared couscous (optional, for serving)
- Red & Blue(berry) Salsa:
- 1/2 c fresh blueberries, chopped
- 1/2 c fresh whole blueberries
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seed and diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 3 TB fresh minced parsley
- 2 TB fresh minced mint (optional)
- 1 TB lemon juice
- Pinch salt
In a bowl, stir together all ingredients for the salsa and refrigerate until ready to use (you can make this up to 1 day in advance but if you do so, I recommend waiting until right before you serve it to add the fresh minced herbs).
Lightly brush olive oil on both sides of the chicken breast, then season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until fully cooked (there should not be any pink).
Serve the grilled chicken topped with salsa along with couscous.
For more info on Super Foods for Super Health and City of Hope research visit the Super Foods tab.