Company One Theatre is holding open season auditions for non-union actors on September 13th and 14th from 6:00pm-10:00pm at the Boston Center for the Arts (551 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02116).
If you’re interested in auditioning, please email email@example.com with a headshot/resume (if you have one), your availability on the audition days, and the show/character you wish to be considered for in our upcoming season (see breakdown below).
Please see below for a character breakdown and what to prepare for each role.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hype Man by Idris Goodwin
- PINNACLE - White male, early 30s. The MC of the group. Driven, focused on achieving mainstream success. We're looking for an actor with an authentic love for hip hop.
Wig Out! by Tarell Alvin McCraney
The House of Light
- LUCIAN, a Latino man, The Founding Father of the House of Light. Dominant, seductive, and manipulative.
- REY-REY, a man of color, The Legendary Mother of the House of Light. A loving mother just past her prime. Trying to keep her house together at all costs.
- WILSON AKA MS. NINA a handsome man of color, first Child of The House of Light. Forward, caring, and loyal.
- VENUS, a young Latino/Black man with a beautiful face, Face of the House of Light. Joyous, feisty, and quick witted.
- DEITY, a young man of color, The DJ for the House of Light, ex-Boyfriend of Venus. Reluctant to walk the categories.
- THE FATES, three female identifying people of color. Imagine a cross between the Supremes, Destiny's Child, and a Greek chorus. They are all fierce singers and performers.
The House of Di’abolique
- SERENA, a man, Mother of the House of Di’abolique. A competitive queen who isn't afraid to play dirty. She lives for the drama.
- LOKI, a young white man, a part of the House of Di’abolique. A cocky twink. He once was a member of the House of Light but has joined the dark side and defected to Di'abolique.
- ERIC, the Red, a handsome man of color, light in complexion. Uninitiated in the world of drag, but curious.
Leftovers by Josh Wilder
- CHRIS - African-American, 52, Jalil and Kwamaine's (often absent) father. Trying to reconnect with his children and break the cycle of disappointment.
- CLIFF HUXTABLE - The father from TV's The Cosby Show. A wish granter.
WHAT TO PREPARE
- Actors wanting to be considered for Pinnacle should prepare a 1-2 minute rap (either a cover or an original).
- Actors wanting to be considered for the Fates should prepare a 2 minute excerpt of a song by your favorite diva. You may bring your own recorded accompaniment or sing a cappella.
- Actors wanting to be considered for any role other than the Fates should prepare a lipsync performance OR a 2 minute contemporary monologue AND a quick vogue routine. Prior voguing experience isn't necessary - we just want to get a sense of how you move.
Coming in drag is welcome though not necessary. Actors of all genders are encouraged to audition.
- Actors wanting to be considered for Chris should prepare a 2 minute contemporary monologue.
- Actors wanting to be considered for Cliff Huxtable should prepare a 1-2 minutes of Cliff Huxtable text from The Cosby Show.