The Equality and Diversity Forum is run by Dorset Race Equality Council on a quarterly basis to offer a platform to discuss topical issues relating to protected characteristic groups and facilitate partnership working to advance equality and diversity in Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole.
The protected characteristics that are covered by the Equalities Act 2010 are:
- age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Objectives of our forums:
- To promote human rights and equality and in particular work towards the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any combination thereof;
- To build the capability of diverse individuals, groups and organisations within the voluntary and community sector;
- To promote their effective involvement in the development of policy and the planning and delivery of services
- The forum is a channel for communication between diverse individuals, and statutory and non-statutory organisations.