REUNITED FACEBOOK CONTEST: OFFICIAL RULES
Sponsored by United Airlines, Inc. ("Sponsors").
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Contest Details: United Airlines ReUnited Promotion/Contest Name (the "Contest"): Entry deadline is the sixth of December 2015.
To enter: 1. Follow United on Facebook 2. Comment in more than ten words on the pinned ReUnited Facebook video post on the United Facebook page with why we should fly you to the U.S.
Entry must be between the twenty-fifth of November, 2015 at 11:00 AM, GMT, and the sixth of December 2015 at 23:59 PM, GMT. (“Entry Period”). Entrants must meet the requirements above to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All entries must be received by the sixth of December 2015 by 23:59 PM, GMT. Winners will be notified by a Facebook comment by United on the United Facebook page in reply to their entry. Facebook is a free service and you may download the App by following the instructions on Facebook.com. You may submit up to three (3) entries during the Entry Period.
Prize: The Grand Prizes (10) to be awarded from the promotion/contest is as follows:
Ten (10) sets of two (2) Round Trip Economy (“H” Class) tickets from the United-served UK airport nearest the winner’s home to the airport nearest the winner’s chosen U.S. destination that United flies to within the US 48/Alaska. Tickets are based on fare class availability and may not be available on all flights or days. The winner must book and complete travel within one (1) year of ticket issue date and must abide by all ticket rules.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the UK, age 18 or older, who have an active e-mail account, Facebook Account, and internet access as of the beginning of the Contest period. Employees of Sponsor and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, their immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations ("Official Rules"). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. No mechanically reproduced entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
2. Judging: All eligible contest entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be eligible for judging, to be held on or around 7 days after deadline of the Contest period at United’s offices located at 233 S Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL, 60606. The judging will be conducted by judges whose decisions are final and binding. Winners will be determined by two employees of the United Airlines Social Media team and two employees of Wunderman, an independent advertising agency. These decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest based on the following criteria: 50% Memorability; 50% Storytelling ability. Chances of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
3. Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by a public Facebook comment within seven (7) business days of the judging period. United will comment on each winning entry, and instruct them to email us and then complete verification steps outlined in the reply from United. Potential winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within two (2) business days of notification. If a selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected based on the judging criteria in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. You may only win up to one (1) prize in this contest. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes that apply to prizes. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
5. General Rules: By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The contest is offered by Sponsor, United Airlines, 233 S Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL, 60606, and Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise, or for theft or destruction or unauthorized access or alterations of entry materials, phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating and winning a prize, Winner releases Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to the Contest or the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor’s decisions in all respects relative to the Contest are final. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any winner, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for paying any taxes on the value of the prize received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, provincial and local regulations apply.
6. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited by law, by accepting any prize, Winners consent to the use of his/her name, and/or likeness, biographical information, winning entry and statements attributed to winners for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Winners also agree to share at least five photos or videos of their winning trip with United for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
7. Facebook release: Per Facebook rules, this Contest is in no way sponsored, administered, or associated with Facebook. By entering, entrants confirm they are 18 years of age, release Facebook of responsibility, and agree to Facebook's term of use.
8. Disputes: Except where prohibited, participants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, or the administration of the Contest or the determination of Winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration, to take place in the state of Illinois pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event shall any attorneys’ fees be awarded; and (3) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with federal law and to the extent not inconsistent, the laws of the state of Illinois. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures and other statements contained in any Contest materials or website and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between or within these Official Rules, it shall be within Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s sole discretion to determine the resolution of such a discrepancy.
9. Winner’s details: To obtain the name of the prize winner, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “promotion/contest” to Robert Shields, United Airlines, 233 S Wacker Drive, 13th Floor, Chicago, IL, 60606. All requests must be received within 30 days of the Entry Period. Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging.
10. Sponsor's Address: Sponsor is United Airlines, Inc., 233 S Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL, 60606