U.S. Bank Cincinnati Cyclones Club Seats Giveaway
U.S. Bank Cincinnati Cyclones Club Seats Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW, WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO THE WINNER NOTIFICATION AND/OR COMPLETE AND EXECUTE A RELEASE AND PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT WITHIN THE TIME FRAME REQUIRED BY U.S. BANK, N.A. (“SPONSOR” or “U.S. BANK”) OR PRIZE MAY BE FORFEITED (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION).
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK. ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR COMPLAINTS REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO SPONSOR, NOT FACEBOOK. BY ENTERING, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO THE SPONSOR AND NOT FACEBOOK.
BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
- 1. Entry Period: The U.S. Bank Cincinnati Cyclones Club Seats Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 8:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on Monday, January 7, 2013 and ends at 5:00:00 p.m. CT on Wednesday, January 9, 2013 (collectively, the “Entry Period”). All Sweepstakes entries must be received or postmarked during the Entry Period to be eligible, as more fully described below. There will be a drawing for the prize as described below from among all entries received during the Entry Period.
- 2. How to Enter: Eligible individuals (see Section 4 below for eligibility requirements) may enter the Sweepstakes via email, by sending an email with their name, city, state and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org during the contest period. A submitted entry via email will earn one (1) entry into the applicable prize drawing(s) if it is actually received during the Entry Period and otherwise complies with these entire Official Rules and Sponsor’s instructions. The time and date on the email when it received by email@example.com will be the official timekeeper for this entry method for the Sweepstakes.
- 3. The following applies to all entries, regardless of entry method: Only one (1) entry per person/per household is permitted, regardless of entry method during the entire Entry Period. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, altered, false, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, deceptive photocopies, reproductions, generated by a macro, bot, or other automated means, facsimiles or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules are not allowed. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or e-mail address, including, without limitation, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict registrations and/or entries from any IP address if a suspicious registration and/or entry is detected or suspected, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Only entries submitted in strict accordance with these Official Rules will be accepted. Entering the Sweepstakes is free. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your Internet Service Provider may apply depending on your method of entry. Although subsequent submissions may be received, only the first submission from a particular person or in connection with a particular mailing address, e-mail address or Facebook account will count for an entry. Subsequent attempts to submit multiple entries, including, without limitation, by using multiple or false contact information, may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All required information for entry must be received by Sponsor during the timeframes and by the deadlines specified above. If for any reason a submission is received other than during those timeframes or by those deadlines, it will not result in an entry for the Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a submission is “received” (i) when the Web Site’s servers record all required information if submission is made by Facebook or (ii) when Sponsor has physically received the mail-in entry. Proof of sending (such as, without limitation, a printed, saved or copied automated receipt confirming submission or a “thank you” message or screen) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Sweepstakes. Entrants who do not abide by these Official Rules, follow Sponsor’s instructions, or submit all of the required information for entry will be disqualified. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned and, in fact, may be destroyed. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his or her name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and complying with applicable laws, regulations and rules.
4. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of any one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are at least the age of majority in his/her state or jurisdiction of primary residence. Employees, members, managers, officers and directors of Sponsor, U.S. Bancorp, U.S. Bank National Association, their respective affiliates and subsidiaries or any prize providers, advertising agencies or promotional partners associated with this Sweepstakes, and any immediate family members of such individuals (defined as his/her spouse, domestic partner, mother, father, legal guardian, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren or anyone living in his/her same household) are not eligible to enter the non-employee drawing. Employees will be eligible for the sweepstakes in a separate drawing the winner of which will be randomly selected from a pool of entries submitted by employees only. By participating, entrant agrees to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law, rule, regulation or ordinance.
- 5. Sweepstakes Drawings and Odds of Winning: A random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor’s representatives, whose decisions are final and binding, to determine one (1) new potential winner and (1) potential employee winner, subject to verification, will be held approximately one (1) day after the end of each Entry Period from all entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be notified by email or telephone, depending on entry method and in Sponsor’s sole discretion, within approximately one (1) day of the drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for that drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information, filtered or rejected notifications, or insufficient space in a potential winner’s e-mail or voice mail inbox.
- 6. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Each winner of the Sweepstakes, subject to verification, will receive four (4) club seat tickets to the Cincinnati Cyclones game on Friday, January 11, 2013. They also come with two (2) parking passes in the East Garage at U.S. Bank Arena. The ARV of the prize is: $125. No substitute cash prize will be given, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is not transferable. Federal, state, and local taxes and any expenses relating to the acceptance or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. If legitimately claimed, the prizes will be awarded. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for and winner will not receive the difference, if any, between the actual value of the prizes at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related correspondence or materials. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prizes or prize element or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach the winner because of any incorrect or changed contact information. If winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use the prize (or portion thereof) for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the stated prize or portion thereof with another prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, prize unavailability. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded.
- 7. Winner Verification: The winner must respond according to Sponsor’s instructions in the notification, including, without limitation, verifying eligibility to U.S. Bank within one (1) day of notification or other timeframe as specified in the notification (whichever is shorter), and complete, execute, have notarized and return in the required timeframe without alteration any release of liability, eligibility, tax documentation, or other forms requested by U.S. Bank in its sole discretion (unless prohibited by law), any or all of which may require the winner to provide his or her Social Security Number and a copy of a government-issued identification or number thereof, or the prize will be forfeited. If potential winner does not respond within the timeframe according to the instructions contained in the notification, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize will be available in the winner’s name at Will Call window at U.S. Bank Arena on Friday, Jan. 11, 2013. All winner documentation is subject to verification by Sponsor. If any prize, prize notification or Sweepstakes-related communication is rejected, faulty or returned as undeliverable, if a potential winner does not respond as instructed, or if a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable attempt has been made by Sponsor (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), that individual may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be randomly selected based on the original method of winner selection. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate potential winner, if any. Sponsor is not obligated to pursue more than three (3) alternate winners for any reason, in which case a prize or prizes may go unawarded. Sponsor is not responsible for and is not liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, garbled, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given and Sponsor will have no responsibility or liability to that participant.
- 8. Publicity: Unless prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, each winner grants U.S. Bank, its promotional partners and third-party marketing entities, in their sole discretion, the right and permission to use and publish his or her proper name, photograph, voice, biographical data, and likeness (collectively, “Persona”) in connection with the promotion or otherwise for promotional and marketing purposes, throughout the world, including on the Internet and/or on the Web Site, without any additional compensation, notice, review, or approval. Each entrant acknowledges that the licensed parties have no obligation to make use of these granted rights.
- 9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: U.S. Bank is not responsible and accepts no liability for injury, harm, loss, or damages of any kind resulting from the acceptance, receipt, or use of any prize. BY PARTICIPATING, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS U.S. BANK, FACEBOOK, EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, ANY PRIZE PROVIDERS, AND ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES”) FROM AND FOR ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, WHILE PREPARING FOR AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY PRIZE- OR SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, THE RECEIPT, USE, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR AWARDING OF THE PRIZE, AND USE OF HIS/HER PERSONA FOR MEDIA OR ADVERTISING PURPOSES WITHOUT COMPENSATION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, OR ACCIDENT TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. EACH WINNER AGREES THAT THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, AND ANY SIMILAR LAW IN ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS:
“A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
- 10. Additional Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible and/or liable for any of the following, whether caused by any of the Sweepstakes Entities, the entrant or by human error: entries that are submitted by illegitimate means (such as, without limitation, by an automated computer program) or entries in excess of the stated limit; any lost, late, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, or misdirected entries, e-mail, mail Sweepstakes-related correspondence or materials or postage-due mail; any error, omission, interruption, defect, or delay in transmission or communication; viruses or technical or mechanical malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable cable or satellite systems; errors, typos or misprints in these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials; failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software; lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications or entry information. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible, and may disqualify any individual, if his/her e-mail address or other contact information does not work or is changed without prior written notice to Sponsor. Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the Sweepstakes activities or the Sweepstakes Entities’ operations or activities are affected, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulation, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental, federal, state or local government authority, or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
- 11. General Conditions: Participants further agree to not damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from using the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void entries of any entrant who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes. In the event there is an alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained on the Web Site or other Sweepstakes-related materials or these Official Rules (including any alleged discrepancy or inconsistency within these Official Rules), the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. If Sponsor determines at any time in its sole discretion that the winner or potential winner is disqualified, ineligible, or in violation of these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select an alternate winner, even if the disqualified potential winner’s name may have been shown or announced on the Web Site or elsewhere. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials. Any person who supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize will forfeit any prize won and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an entry, the entry will be declared to have been made by the registered account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria. A registered account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potentially winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- 12. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the entrant and any Sweepstakes Entity, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prize awarded, or the determination of the winner must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted or entitled to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-pocket expenses (if any), not to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
This Sweepstakes and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to its conflicts of law or choice of law principles or rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Any legal actions, suits or proceedings related to this Sweepstakes (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Minneapolis, MN, and each entrant accepts and submits to the personal jurisdiction of these courts with respect to any legal actions, suits or proceedings arising out of or related to this Sweepstakes.
- 13. Cancellation. If for any reason beyond the control of U.S. Bank the Sweepstakes is unable to be held, or for any cause affecting the Sweepstake’s operability, fairness, integrity, or accuracy, U.S. Bank reserves the right to modify, suspend, or cancel the Sweepstakes without notice.
- 14. Winners List/Official Rules: For the names of the prize winners or a copy of these Official Rules, mail (first class postage paid) a legal-sized, self-addressed stamped envelope to: U.S. Bank Cincinnati Cyclones Tickets Giveaway c/o U.S. Bank, 425 Walnut Street, 4th Floor, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202. Also include “Attn: Rules” or “Attn: Winners” to indicate your request. Winners list requests must be received no later than three (3) months after the end of the Entry Period and Official Rules requests must be received during the Entry Period. Winners list will be sent after the drawing has been held and all winners have been verified. Only one (1) request of either type per outer envelope, mailed separately, will be fulfilled. Vermont residents can omit return postage for Official Rules requests.
- 15. Sponsor: U.S. Bank, N.A., 800 Nicollet Mall # 200, Minneapolis, MN 55402-2511. is the official sponsor of this Sweepstakes. References to trademarks and/or names of third parties or related products or services are used for purposes of reference and identification only and such use is not intended to suggest or imply any third party’s sponsorship, endorsement, affiliation or association with Sponsor or this Sweepstakes.