This was on the menu tonight, super easy (as usual).
This recipe has all my favorite things in it. Rosemary, garlic and lamb!...
I made this up in a pinch today before running out to work.
I am all about homemade protein snacks.... Here is a really easy great snack to make for on the go or inbetween meals!
FIVE INGREDIENT PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BITES
2/3 cup of Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Carob Chips
1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 cup Ground Flax Seeds
2 TBSP Honey
combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
Stir to combine.
Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
Roll Into 12 bites Or cut into 12 bars and store in the fridge for up to a week.
This is what was on the plate for dinner tonight..
Baked Coconut Chicken
Mashed Coconut Milk Sweet Potatoes...
It is cold again, and Instead of making soup, we decided on Tropical food..
-1 pineapple Cored and peeled and cut into slices/wedges.
-Cinnamon to taste
-pinch of salt
Pre-heat a grill.
Slice your pineapple as you want it, sprinkle with salt and cinnamon.
Place the pineapple slices on the grill and grill for about 3 minutes on each side.
Mashed Coconut Milk Sweet Potatoes
-1 sweet potato
-2 Tbsp coconut milk
-1 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
-a pinch of salt.
Cook your sweet potato however you like to cook it, in an oven, or microwave. Just make sure it is soft.
Take out the inside of the sweet potato and put it in a bowl, mash it with coconut milk, salt and the coconut flakes.
Pumpkin Protein Muffins
These I also Meal prepped for the week, I tend to eat snacks in between my meals and this is a great alternative to eating junky processed foods!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Protein Muffins...
Yield: 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups almond meal flour
1/2 cup protein powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
Spice Blend (or simply use 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardomom
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cacao powder
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp allspice
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup avocado oil (you can also use olive oil)
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup 70% dark chocolate pieces
1/4 cup walnuts
2 T unsweetened coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Measure all the dry ingredients, including the spice blend into the bowl and mix together.
2. Add in the pumpkin and eggs, and whisk well.
3. Measure oil and honey and beat in.
I’ve tried this with less honey – I like going as low on the sweetener as possible, even the natural kind – but it really seems to compliment the pumpkin best with just this amount. Let me know if you experience anything different.
4. Line muffin tins with foil cups, or grease with cooking oil.
5. Evenly distribute batter. In 12 regular sized muffin cups, you can fill them about 3/4 of the way full.
6. Mix the topping and measure about a tablespoon onto each muffin.
This is a betty rocker recipe... http://thebettyrocker.com/gluten-free-pumpkin-protein-muff…/
Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers:
4 large bell peppers, halved and seeded
1 T olive oil
1 lb ground turkey breast...
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup cooked quinoa
1- 14-16 oz jar organic, low sodium salsa
2 T taco seasoning
1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. preheat oven to 375. Line a baking dish with parchment paper (or just spread olive oil)
2. in a skillet, over medium heat, add the olive oil and turkey. Cook until browned.
3. mix the turkey, quinoa, black beans, salsa and taco seasoning in a bowl. Add salt and pepper.
4. arrange pepper halves on the baking dish and stuff each pepper half with turkey mixture.
5. bake for 25-30 min, or until peppers are softened.
you can make this ahead of time, for a healthy lunch all week long! this is a Betty Rocker recipe.
Thai Breakfast Bowl... This is awesome in the morning, super packed with protein, and a balanced meal to kick start you for the day!
Bold and spicy salmon
1 salmon filet
1/2 tbsp Weber bold n spicy chipotle seasoning
1/4 tsp seasoned salt...
Juice of 1/2 of a lime
Preheat your oven to 350.
Squeeze the lime over the salmon filet, the sprinkle with the salt and too off with the Weber seasoning.
Cook for 20-25 minutes.
Serve over a salad!
Simply Baked Cod, Is a quick and healthy pull together meal after work and it pairs well with your favorite baked vegetable medley!
Baked Chicken Nuggets/Tenders
Yield: 4 servings
You will need: knife, cutting board, baking sheet, parchment paper, whisk, mixing bowls,
measuring cups and spoons...
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup almond meal flour
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Prepare chicken by cutting it into even sized pieces.
3. Set out 2 bowls. In the first bowl, beat egg. In the second bowl, combine almond meal flour, coconut flakes and spices.
4. Dip chicken into egg, then into batter to coat. Be sure you've gotten the entire piece of chicken covered. Lay it on the baking sheet.
5. Coat all chicken and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until batter begins to brown slightly on the outside and the chicken is cooked through.
This recipe is from Betty Rocker.. and It is awesome!
Cabbage Steaks are awesome if you have never tried them!!!
Dehydrating apples today to make apple chips..
Use a Mandolin on the thin setting, and slice up a bunch of apples.
Sprinkle with Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice....
Dehydrate in your dehydrator for 12-14 hours at 135 degrees
Turkey Burgers..Healthy swap for the new year
Bring in the New Year with a sweet Italian classic served up for Breakfast!!
OK This isn't really Christmas-y But it's Nutella. So that makes it a treat for any occasion and it definitely lifts my spirits...