We will be having State Representative Jessica Farrar as our guest speaker this month giviing us an update on the recent legislative session in Austin.
6:30pm Meet, greet and eat
7:00pm Meeting starts
Some information about the HCC Trustee candidates on the November ballot.
NEED FOR VOLUNTEERS: CANVASSING NORTHEAST HOUSTON:
Council Member Amanda Edwards' office is seeking volunteers for its Hurricane Harvey Recovery Canvassing in N...ortheast Houston on Saturday, September 9th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. The objective of this effort is to canvass homes that experienced flooding in the Houston Gardens area to ensure that no pockets of the Houston community (especially senior citizens) are left behind in Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. The canvassing will (1) identify residents in need of assistance; (2) provide critical information; and (3) connect residents to supplies, assistance with home clean-up, and other needs.
The group will meet at 9:00 a.m. at Kashmere High School (6900 Wileyvale) to review instructions. Canvassing will begin shortly thereafter. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Water will be provided.
Volunteers are asked to RSVP no later than Friday, September 8th at 10:00 a.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org or 832-393-3012
Be an informed voter! And help your friends and neighbors do the same. https://www.texastribune.org/…/hey-texplainer-what-constit…/
Your Houston City Council Member needs your help to get the Spirit of the Confederacy statue down. Call them today, so they'll have the numbers they need to make this happen.
There are five at-large members to call:
Council Member Mike Knox
Council Member David W. Robinson
Council Member Michael Kubosh
Twitter: @KuboshMichael and @MichaelKubosh3
Council Member Amanda Edwards
Council Member Jack Christie
And you need to call your district council member as well. Here's the link to find the right person. http://www.houstontx.gov/council/whoismycm.html
What else can you do?
1. Get one more person to make a call to city council. Your spouse, best friend, mother, etc.
2. Get your neighbors to call. Be brave enough to have a difficult conversation with them.
3. Tweet the council members; fax them, email them, send them letters.
4. Join us at the sign-making party tonight to help us prepare for Saturday. [Check the Events tab]
5. Join us on Saturday when we show up downtown, making a concrete, physical demonstration of just how many people despise this statue and all it represents. It's time we Destroy the Confederacy once and for all.
Join us for our monthly meeting as we have Daniel Vasquez from the Tejano Democrats and Daniel Cohen from Indivisible Houston as our guest speakers. Bring a friend...
6:30-7:00pm Meet, greet and eat
7:00pm Meeting starts