And whatever else you can think of. You can get away w...ith it. They all need to be served in a platter of deceit and fraud to the community.
Was advised that I could PAY to have the landfill come to get it with a grapple, but I already am forced to pay for service. #augusta31
To make matters worse, Future Business Leaders of America scheduled a conference
There’s another trend affecting our youth, and Fire Chief/EMA Director Chris James wants to warn you about it. PLEASE beware and share!
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION..
Augusta Fire Chief and EMA Director Christopher James discuss the dangers of the “Tide Pod Challenge”
Chief Chris James – “We ar...e trying to express how dangerous this is…”
AUGUSTA, GA — January 30, 2018 - A new crazy trend dubbed the “Tide Pod Challenge” is progressively developing among teens on social media — and we are here to let you know this can be deadly. The challenge has people of all ages popping the small laundry detergent packs and posting videos of themselves chewing on the oozing product online. However, as a warning to parents, this challenge is very dangerous.
It is our duty to bring awareness of trending dangers in our community, however it sometimes draws more people to the controversy as participants as much as it dissuades people from engaging in it. This is why is so important for parents to be mindful of what their children are doing and to make sure little children don’t have access to dangerous chemicals.
Last year, it has been reported that over 10,000 kids under the age of 5 were exposed to the capsules. So far in 2018 there have been 38 cases of teenagers exposed to the detergent capsules and over half of them have proven to be intentional. Children who have been exposed to the tide pods have been hospitalized with vomiting, breathing difficulties and loss of consciousness.
Because of the high social media presence, sites like YouTube have vowed to flag the videos that contain the challenge and remove them.
“This tide pod challenge raises different issues for me… I am however most concerned about children ingesting the toxics and the possible aspiration that will follow” – Chief Christopher James
“We are trying to express how dangerous this is —it can lead to respiratory arrest, seizures, coma, and even death,” – Chief Christopher James