On St. Patrick's Day a fire fighters dress hat was taken while at the West Deck. If you know the whereabouts of this item please return to the Newport Police o...r reach out to the owner below. This item contains items of sentimental value. Thank you!!!
Fire Lieutenant’s hat with my lost brother’s Mass cards tucked inside. Now that I have your attention...
On Saturday March 17, 2018 St Patrick’s Day, after the parade. My hat was taken from my head at West Deck in Newport, RI. by a young woman. Mistakes happen, but for sentimental reasons, I would just like my hat back... no questions asked. Please return to any Fall River Fire Station or contact me through fb or at 508 264- 9276. Lt Brian Platt of the Fall River Fire Department.
NEWS RELEASE for St. Patrick's Day Parade 2018
CONTACT: Lieutenant Frank Rosa, Public Information Officer
St. Patrick’s Day Parade 2018
NEWPORT, RI- Traffic flow and parking in Newport will be affected by the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, which kicks off at 11:00AM on Saturday March 17th, 2018. Traffic will be congested in the downtown area from about 9:00AM to 3:00PM. Parking will be limited. The parade participants will be begin staging on lower Broadway at about 9:00Am, so it is recommended that people coming to Newport to view the parade avoid Broadway. The two best routes into the city with available public parking are:
Westbound on Memorial Blvd, right onto Bellevue Ave. (northbound), left on Church St. and right into the Waterfront Parking lot (situated between Church and Mary St.) Farewell St. South to America’s Cup Ave., and right into the Gateway parking garage.
Parking is prohibited on the following streets from 5:00AM to 3:00PM. All vehicles parked in restricted areas will be towed: No parking along parade route.
Broadway from Cranston/Equality Park West to Washington Square
Equality Park Place and Equality Park West
Dr. Marcus F. Wheatland Blvd. (West side)
Bull St. at Spring St.
Spring St At Bull St.
Washington Sq. from Broadway to Thames St.
Thames St. from America’s Cup Ave. to Morton Ave.
Carroll Ave. from Morton Ave. to Harrison Ave.
Both sides of America’s Cup at the Gateway Center
Narragansett Ave between Spring St and Bellevue Avenue.
During this year’s parade the Newport Police Department will be strictly enforcing City Ordinances (open containers of alcohol in public, noise violations, disorderly conduct, and underage drinking) along the parade route and the surrounding areas. The Police Department will have a strong presence to make this a fun, safe and family friendly event.
Parade Begins: Lower Broadway
Thames St. southbound
XOA to America’s Cup southbound
Thames St southbound at Memorial Blvd.
Parade Ends at St. Augustin’s Church
Southbound Broadway diverted onto Marcus Wheatland Blvd southbound at Equality Park.
Spring St northbound diverted away from Broadway and up Bull St. to Kay St
Westbound Memorial Blvd West diverted northbound on Thames St at the Post Office
Northbound Thames St diverted away from America’s Cup up Mill St to Spring St.
On this International Women’s Day we are saying “Thank you” to our ladies who make this world beautiful and we are giving 40% off of our website price for ladies who wants to spend THIS night(8th March) with us. This discount is only available by our phone 401-847-9794
Breakfast in bed. Beech Tree Inn version
Weekend Away: A Romantic Getaway in Newport RI.
Day 3. Sunday
The Newport Sunday Brunch: Start your Sunday morning with a fantastic Newport, Rhode Island, brunch downtown and then head out to the Sachuest Point National Wildlife Refuge and the Norman Bird Sanctuary. A popular birdwatching spot in both summer and winter, nature trails wind through the salt marshes and beach strand habitats where visitors might see owls, deer, ducks and falcons....
Newport, RI, is one of the most romantic weekend destinations in New England. Intriguing history, natural beauty, elegant architecture, and a cozy couples’ feel make a weekend in Newport a treat for couples looking slow things down, or heat things up.
Want more ways to enjoy a romantic getaway in Newport:
• Enjoy a wine tasting together at Newport Vineyards . They often feature wonderful live music and other events, and their tasting room is open seven days a week.
• Put a little spice into your daily routine. Try a cooking class and learn a new recipe at Newport Cooks! - Newport, Rhode Island . When you recreate this dish at home, you’ll always be reminded of your time in Newport.
• Enjoy catching up and reconnecting over a delicious cup of coffee at Coffee Grinder Newport, one of Newport’s favorite local coffee shops. They always serve up authentic Italian espresso drinks and some of the best coffees in Newport; all prepared the way they were meant to be. It’s also a great place for dessert.
• Enjoy a blissful moment together with a couples massage at one of Newport’s local spas. Top choices include The Spa at Newport Marriott, or the Water Journey at The Bodhi Spa. You can even enjoy a luxurious couples massage in the privacy of your own room at Beech Tree Inn & Cottage or Cliffside Inn.
• Enjoy an evening of live music and cocktails at local establishments, such as Newport Blues Cafe or One Pelham East. You can always stay up to date with who’s playing where by checking out What's Up Newp. They maintain an extensive calendar of events and activities in Newport.
• Wander along the brick and cobblestone walkways of Bowen's Wharf, the cultural and economic heart of the Newport waterfront There are wonderful shops and galleries to browse, and many incredible eateries when you need a bite to eat. Lobster rolls, clam chowder, a raw seafood bar, or just plain lobster fresh from the sea area real treat here.
Weekend Away: A Romantic Getaway in Newport RI.
Day 2. Saturday
Lifestyles of the rich: After a hearty breakfast at Beech Tree Inn & Cottage Bed and Breakfast, seize the day with a morning walk hand-in-hand along the famous Newport CliffWalk, with the ocean to your left and Gilded Age mansions to your right. More likely than not, you’ll be dying to hop the hedgerows and get a closer look at these architectural gems, so plan a visit to The Breakersor one of the Newport Mansion... tours. There is also the option for a two-wheeled adventure: rent bikes at Ten Speed Spokes and see more of the grandeur of Bellevue Avenue.
Lunch with a side of ocean breeze: A morning spent mansion-hopping is sure to work up any couple’s appetite, so make your way to the very end of Ocean Avenue for an al fresco lunch at Castle Hill Inn. Lunch on The Lawn is served with a clear ocean view, from a menu inspired by fresh, local ingredients. Afterwards, pass the afternoon searching for Newport-made goodies to take home, from world-class cheeses, desserts, and wines. On Bellevue Avenue, you’ll find tea-infused peach truffles, artisanal honey from local beehives, and chevre to rival the French.
Artful evening: If you’ve still got room, Newport’s harbor is home to Newport’s fantastic surf and turf restaurants.
After-dinner, entertainment is easy to find at a showing at Jane Pickens Theater & Event Center, a nearly century-old theater housed in a renovated 18th century church. This art-house cinema features romantic classics, contemporary documentaries, and independent film and theater.