Every child deserves a world where they feel safe. Cape Cod Children’s Place is committed to increasing the safety and wellness of every child. As part of this mission, we will now advocate for these children and families by fighting for gun sense that keeps the children in our communities safe. We need our politicians to recognize the value of a child’s life with their actions and not simply words. We have watched schools follow every safety protocol and still grieve the los...s of children after mass shootings. It’s time to make the hard choices and make real change in our country. We are committed to the following actions:
· We will be working with our local police departments to increase gun safety for families with legal gun ownership.
· We will be advocating for stronger laws that will reduce gun violence and save lives.
· We will provide advocacy training for families to fight for safer communities, increased access to health care, and family support.
· We will continue connecting families to resources for basic needs, health care, and mental health services.
· We will advocate at the local, State, and Federal level for our children’s safety.
· We will collaborate with Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and other like-minded organizations to bring our efforts to a national level.
· We will provide letter, text, and call templates and other communication tools for families to use in contacting their politicians to demand change.
In hopes of change,
Cape Cod Children’s Place
Executive Director, Cindy Horgan, and Staff.
These women are setting a positive example here on Cape Cod.