I’m almost ready for the crowds at the Creativ Festival (entrance 5 at the International Centre in Mississauga). If you’re going to be here, I’d love it if you came to visit me in the Embroiderer’s Association of Canada booth (#424).
Are you signed up for the Creativ Festival later this month? There will be some great classes to take! Just take a look at these four (taught by me!): Art Deco Ornament (canvawork), The Key to My Clockwork Heart (embellished cross stitch), Ornament Finishing (the design is not included, but you will finish your own needlework into an ornament) and Tree of Life (embroidery). Who will join me?
Are you looking for a fun cyber class? Maybe this is the class for you! Instructions for a practice ornament and a table centrepiece are included. Detailed instructions include many photos as well as several videos, and interaction with the instructor (me!).
Kathryn Drummond's Bluebells is being offered as an online correspondence course. Registration ends on April 21st!
Hello Happy Stitchers! I've just chosen the winner of last week's contest and it is Sheila d'Haene Currie! Now, Sheila said that I could pick her prize, but it might be more fun if all the Gingerbread Girl fans choose for her! So, everyone, add your comments here on which of my designs Sheila should win - I'll take votes until Monday. And Sheila, please send me a PM with your address so that I can mail off the winning design! Have a great weekend everyone!
Hello Gingerbread Girl fans! Today I'm offering a chance for you to win your favorite Gingerbread Girl Designs leaflet (and hopefully spread the word about Gingerbread Girl at the same time)! Carefully follow all of the steps below to be entered into the random draw. You have to do them all to win!
1. "Like" and "Follow" the Gingerbread Girl Designs page (if you've already done this, then you can skip to step 2!).
2. Sign up for the Gingerbread Girl Designs newsletter. You... can do this by going to the Facebook page and clicking the "Sign Up" link or by going straight to the Gingerbread Girl Designs website at www.gingerbreadgirl.ca. If you're already on the newsletter list, then you can skip to step 3!
3. While you're at the website, take a look around and pick your favorite Gingerbread Girl Designs design. It can be any of the ones you find on the website, not just the ones I chose to add to this post.
4. React to this post (it can be a like, love, makes you laugh, makes you mad, whatever you choose).
5. Comment on THIS POST your favorite Gingerbread Girl Designs design (the one that you chose in step 3).
6. Share this post publicly so that your friends will have a chance to win too.
7. Cross your fingers, because I will announce the winner on this page on Thursday March 2, and that winner will receive a copy of the leaflet that they chose in their comment below.
Did you know that February is Embroidery Month? Well, realistically every month is embroidery month, but I can't think of anything better to spend my time on during what I call "The Longest Month of the Year" (it's really cold here in Winnipeg). What project are you celebrating Embroidery Month with? Feel free to post a picture of your current WIP (work in progress) in the comments. I'd love to see it! (Doesn't have to be a Gingerbread Girl design!)
Is anyone planning to go to the Creativ Festival in Toronto this fall? I'm just tossing some ideas around for class proposals to submit and I'm wondering what people might be looking for. Any thoughts?
I've had this idea for a Casalguidi project in my mind for several months now, but other things were taking my time until after Christmas. Now, my first in what I thing will become a series of fun Casalguidi designs is almost finished. I have enjoyed this so much and I can't wait to share the final results, so here's a little preview.
Hello Gingerbread Girl fans! Have you signed up for my newsletter? I've been pretty quiet for a while, but I'm hoping to change that. I signed up for a newsletter service that should make things run a little more smoothly for you and for me. If you've already signed up, then a new format is coming soon! If you haven't, just click the "Sign Up" button just below the cupcake photo above!
Edit: Don't click the cute little birdie photo - it's just a picture I found! Go to the Gingerbread Girl Designs Facebook page and find the Sign Up button just below the cupcake photo. Thanks!
I would like to give my most sincere thanks to the St. John's Guild of Embroiderers for having me as their guest this past week. They invited me to visit and teach them some classes in Punto Antico and Casalguidi embroidery and it was a truly wonderful experience! I had never been to Newfoundland before and I loved the beautiful sights and the warm, friendly people. Thanks to Sandy Kavanagh for organizing my visit and for being an amazing tour guide, to Rhonda Lyons for billeting me in cozy, stylish comfort and to the entire guild for the incredibly warm welcome. I loved every minute in your province and I will definitely be visiting again!