Over the past week, the right-wing, xenophobic group Mass Fiscal Alliance, funded by dark money, spent tens of thousands of dollars to send out an inaccurate, a...nti-immigrant mailing, attacking the Safe Communities Act. In the Trump era, when millions of immigrants across the nation live in fear of an ICE agent knocking on their door, I am proud to file the Safe Communities Act, to allow the police to focus on their job of keeping our communities safe, and not enforcing federal immigration law. At a time of celebrating winter holidays, spending time with family and friends, and doing our part to help the less fortunate, Mass Fiscal Alliance is spreading a message of hate and division. It is very clear now that I will be a top target by right-wing organizations, as I begin my campaign for my re-election. Can you please help me prepare for the campaign, by making an online donation https://secure.actblue.com/contrib…/…/eldridgeforstatesenate of $25, $50, or $100? Thank you!
Deeply troubling. Governor Charlie Baker's anti-immigrant bill filed today sides with Donald Trump's deportation policies, allowing law enforcement to honor ICE... detainers despite the clear evidence that the Trump administration is focused on detaining all undocumented immigrants. Our "moderate" Governor is not looking so moderate in the national media.
I want to thank Congresswoman Niki Tsongas for her 10 years of dedicated service representing the 3rd Congressional District. She has been responsive to the nee...ds of the district, including advocating for veterans, protecting the environment, securing federal grants for key transportation, clean energy, and public safety projects in her communities, and is a national leader on exposing the sexual assault crisis in the armed forces.
With Congresswoman Tsongas’s announcement on Wednesday morning that she would not be seeking re-election in 2018, I am looking at running for the 3rd Congressional District. Now more than ever, we need bold, progressive, visionary leadership in the federal delegation representing us in Washington, D.C., fighting for Massachusetts values.
Over the last few days you may have seen news stories about UMass denying the implementation of a fully funded 4-H program for kids which teaches gun safety, shooting sports and outdoor activities including hunting. These stories were all spawned by our press release, copied below. The University of Massachusetts is yet to explain why they denied this program.
GOAL is asking you to contact your legislators and use your social media to spread the word about our efforts to mak...e Massachusetts the 49th state to implement the 4-H Shooting Sports Program.
4-H Talking Points
• We are disappointed that UMass made the decision to deny this program because of a social bias against gun owners and their families.
• The 4-H program is highly successful in 48 states, fully funded, and volunteer run. There is no reason to deny this program, the university only needed to give the program a thumbs up.
• The 4-H program include hunting education and outdoor activities, it also teaches leadership and youth development.
• MA Fisheries & Wildlife is a partner in the program and has pledged $180,000 to fund the first three years of the program.
• Contact your state senator and state representative, ask that they contact the Agriculture Committee and the Higher Education Committee to encourage them to hold an oversight hearing, see recommended conversation below. Contact your legislator or call 617-722-2000, then ask for your state rep or senator.
• Please use social media (see below) to amplify our message.
• UMass alumni should contact the UMass alumni association – They should express support for the 4-H program and ask that the association request that the university reconsiders the decision to deny the program.
We're excited to announce Ted will be a speaker at the Massachusetts Trump Campaign's Official Election Night Party. Please join us to celebrate what we hope will be Trump's and Ted's big wins! There'll be appetizers, a DJ, dancing, and a cash bar!
Here are the details:
• When: November 8, 2016
• Time: 7:30pm - 11:30pm...
American Legion Post 440
295 California Street
MA Campaign Co-Chair and MA State Rep Geoff Diehl
MA Campaign Deputy State Director Dianna E. Ploss
Middlesex & Worcester Republican State Senate Candidate Ted Busiek
And many more!
• Donation: $8
Hilanne, Volunteer Coordinator for the Ted Busiek for State Senate Campaign