Majestic Software Dash 8-Q400Internet Company
And in the news today, We are revealing a quick glimpse of what's been going on since our last announcement back in October, which was the release of the P3D v4.x version of the Q400.
The Multi-Monitor Panel:
While this may not be exhilarating news for most, the enthusiasts and cockpit builders should appreciate this new development which will enhance the upcoming TRAINING Edition of the Q400 - The Multi-Monitor Panel.
These panels will allow users to control all knobs and switches via finger manipulation. Also, the glare-shield (not shown in the image, for the time being) will be split into several sections, along with other components of the flight deck, which too shall have finger control functionality. The stand-alone Captain and First Officer panels "will not" have finger control functionality.
Many of you are reading expeditiously through the Q400 information with hopes that we would be adding an update on the long-awaited Q300 v2. Many have sent personal messages to us via Facebook and our Support asking daily "if the Q300 project has been postponed?" No, the Q300 project is very much still in work, but we have to put our focus more so now that before into the Q400 so that it can be released hopefully soon. We are approaching the final stages of development, and then begin the next round of beta testing. We will be sure to share updates as we see fit on the Q300, kindly be patient.
As always, we thank you all for your continued support.
The Majestic Software Team
[Oleksiy, Simeon, Dimitri & Nikolai]
[1 Feb 2018] - FS2Crew Update!!
Bryan York of FS2Crew has decided to release Version 3.3 of FS2Crew for the Majestic Dash 8-Q400.
Version 3.3 is a free update, and it's a pretty good one which incorporates many user requests and suggestions....
HOW TO GET THE UPDATE:
1. To obtain the FS2Crew update, please login to your FS2Crew account and click "Completed Orders" and re-download the Main Installer. There is no stand-alone updater.
You do not need to uninstall the previous version.
2. 3rd party vendors may not have the file yet. Please give them several days to upload the file to their server.
3. Remember that the P3D V3 and V4 versions have their own separate FS2Crew Config Manager which you need to use to 'enable' FS2Crew in P3D V3/ V4. The FS2Crew Config Manager link should be on your desktop.
1. FO's After Landing Flow: FO will no longer turn off window heat to prevent fogging.
2. FS2Crew will close the doors during the FO's Before Start flow for those of you who do not want to run the Pre Flight Events.
3. If the APU is needed at Gate arrival (as set on the Approach Brief), the FO will turn on the APU Generator when the "Engine #1 Start Feather" command is made.
4. If the aircraft is detected as being outside Canada or the US, the FO will skip the Altimeters challenge in the Descent Checklist. This was a big request from our European users, and I'm happy to say we did it!
5. FO will no longer say "All right" when asked for the After Landing Checklist. Instead, he will say "ok". This was a user request.
6. During the Parking Checklist, the FO will now correct you if the Emergency Exit Light switch is not off.
7. FO will select ALT SEL again after pushing GA during his Before Start flow.
8. TCAS and Wx Radar Test during the Pre-Flight Events improved.
9. After Landing flow: The FO will no longer select Doors until you've called Engine 1 Start Feather. This allows you to read the Ground Speed during taxi. With this feature, we're deviating from the airline SOPs we modeled, but in the interests of usability, we decided to implement it.
Fellow Q400 Captains & First Officers , our fellow colleague/developer JP of FSi Panel 2017 has recently made this diverse instructor panel/application compatible with both the PILOT and PRO Editions of the Majestic Software Q400.
JP has provided us a link his latest video giving a brief demonstration of some of its capabilities with the Q400. I personally have had countless hours of use from this tool, and hope some will find the same especially if you want to hone in on your aviator skills, and or practice certain manuvres at the click of a button as is done in professional flight simulators.
Attention all MJC8 Q400 FSX & Prepar3D v3.4 Crew Members:
We have released Patch v1.020a for FSX and Prepar3D v3.4. The vendors from which you purchased your Q400 should have sent out an email to you. There, however, seems to be a few vendors who have not yet sent emails out, please be patient as there usually is a delay based on timezones....
All questions related to the patch/update should be addressed via the Official Majestic Software forum
The Majestic Software Team
-Boss & Kroswynd
Attention all MJC8 Q400 Prepar3D v4.1 Crew Members:
MJC8 Q400 x64 editions version 1.020a patch...
Patch v1.020a for the MJC8 Q400 has been released for the existing 1.020 version of the 64-bit editions. The patch addresses several problems reported by the users, please find the detailed description and the link to the download in the User Area via the Majestic Software website (http://majesticsoftware.com)
+ Changes since version 1.020
. Replaced the door opening/closing algorithm via FMS
. Fixed the FMS deleting the flight plan after a waypoint beginning with NAN is entered
. Fixed the sound abnormalities when used with 3rd party camera software
. Fixed the problems with propeller feathering via auto-feather/feather pumps
. Updated the incorrect VOR/ILS detection algorithm, to correctly identify any frequency as VOR or ILS
+ Fixed artifact around an artificial horizon in the PFD window
Users of the 32-bit version are not to feel abandoned as we will be releasing versions of all 32-bit versions shortly.
The Majestic Software Team
Attention FS2Crew Captains and First Officers:
FS2Crew for the Majestic Dash 8 has been updated to V3.2. This applies to all versions of FS2Crew for the Dash 8, including the new 64 Bit P3D V4 version.
To obtain the update, kindly login to your FS2Crew account, click "Completed Orders", and re-download the main installer. There's no need to uninstall the old version. If you purchased via a 3rd party vendor, please give them up to a week to update the file on their server....
V3.2 corrects two issues:
1. The possibility of the cabin doors opening too early during shutdown.
2. Chance that the "Acceleration Height" sound could not be triggered if climbing at a very high rate of speed
INOP Nose Gear Landing!!!