Hello, McGovern Medical School Employees (including all off site areas):
Please join your co-workers in celebrating summer. The Employee Relations Committee is having a Door Decorating Contest. Submissions are due by June 30, 2017. Winners will be announced by July 17, 2017.
McGovern Medical School...
Employee Relations Committee
Door Decorating Contest Rules
1. Supervisor approval is required to participate.
2. Door must be located in any location under the McGovern Medical School umbrella. (i.e. Medical Expansion building, LBJ, JJL, UTPB, off site clinics)
3. Must submit registration along with a picture of the door by itself for judging purposes and a picture of the door along with the participants for communications.
4. The “door” submission can consist of the actual door and up to two feet around the door on both sides and on the top. Judges will only use this criteria to allow fairness for all entries as not everyone has additional space they can decorate.
5. Doors must remain functional.
6. Use professionalism as you channel your creativity.
7. Only completed submissions will be entered for judging. Completed submission will allow the ERC to use any pictures for announcements and advertising.
8. Pay attention to submission dates as items received after the date will not be judged.
Prizes will be gift cards: 1st place - $75, 2nd place - $50, and 3rd place - $25
1. Get supervisor approval to participate.
2. Must use Qualtrics for submission. Link will be provided and be available on the ERC website. https://med.uth.edu/erc/upcoming-events/ Just click on Registration form and you’ll be taken to link!
3. Answer all questions on form.
4. Attach a picture of the completed door by itself and a picture of participants by the door. (Two pictures required)
5. Submit form before contest deadline date. (June 30, 2017)
Any Questions?: Suzanne J. Paramore, 713 500 7350 tel
The 2017 Postdoctoral Preparation Institute seminar registration/travel award application deadline of July 9, 2017 is fast approaching.
Who Should Attend:
This Postdoctoral Preparation Institute (PPI) meeting is primarily intended for postdoctoral fellows, new assistant professors, and advanced PhD students (near conferral of PhD degree).
August 10-11, 2017
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, MD 20745
Travel Awards are Available:
The FASEB Office of Sponsored Programs, Diversity and Grants
Administration is currently accepting travel award applications
to help support participation in this two-day seminar and workshop program.
Registration/Travel Award Application
Sunday, July 9, 2017
Travel awards will be provided for all eligible applicants (those not receiving federal funding and meeting other criteria e.g.,
citizenship/residency status) who are approved and selected to participate in the Institute. The maximum amount for the travel award is $1,250.
A message from the American Society for Microbiology Student and Post Doc chapter:
1. PIZZA 3:45pm
2. SCIENCE 4-5:30pm
3. ICE CREAM SOCIAL!!! 5:40pm
Where? UTHealth McGovern Medical School Room MSB 1.006
How much? $0
Who can come? Everyone!
Please join American Society for Microbiology Student and Post Doc chapter for the next B.I.G. (Bacterial Interest Group) Seminar TODAY with the labs of Herbert Levine and Jacinta Conrad presenting....
The role of metabolic spatiotemporal dynamics in regulating biofilm colony expansion
Herbert Levine, Ph.D. – Professor, Department of Bioengineering, Rice University.
Surface attachment of bacteria altered by nanoscale surface properties and nanoscale surface adhesins
Jacinta Conrad, Ph.D.- Associate Professor, Chemical and Biomolecular EngineeringGenetics, University of Houston
The Sartorius & Science Prize for Regenerative Medicine & Cell Therapy is an annual prize geared towards researchers focused on basic or translational research that advances regenerative medicine and cell therapy.
Every individual scientist who received his or her PhD|MD within the past 10 years may apply.
Entries can be made in the fields of regenerative medicine, cell therapy, gene therapy, immunotherapy as well as materials and tissue engineering.
October 1, 2017
Dr. Neal Waxham, Neurobiology & Anatomy, will chair a collaborative workshop sponsored by the Medical School Research Committee on Cryo-Electron Microscopy 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. June 6 in MSB 2.135. All UTHealth investigators invited.
A note from the Annual Postdoctoral Science Symposium (APSS) committee:
The call for abstract submission for the 7th Annual Postdoctoral Science Symposium (APSS) started Monday, May 15th and will end June 15th. We are in need of judges to help us with the abstracts. During registration, if you will not be submitting an abstract you will be asked if you would like to be a judge. If you are interested in participating as a judge just click yes. For those of ...you that volunteer to be judges we will contact you for a meeting to be held sometime mid-late June. If you have any questions you can contact Daisy Izaguirre (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Here are the links to both the registration and the abstract submission. Please note that if you will be submitting an abstract you will not be able to help us judge them.
Rigor and Reproducibility Workshop June 9, 2017
BioScience Research Collaborative, Auditorium
6500 Main St.
9:00 am – 5:00 pm