So tell me How can a body float
Without any water
Blood is all around us
bodies in the yard slaughter
Prayers for the sick
And sacrifices at the altar
How can anybody help with honor
With Nothing to Offer
Tell me how can body float
without any water?
I’ll be annotating lyrics from every song on Purgatorio: Wrathful Ashes on IG every day of October. Check it out! Free album download! @righteousOnes
Check out the behind the scenes footage of Righteous Ones recording for the new Juiette Z. Payne Music album "Who am I?" https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy-Q96o4ND0
Temple of Hiphop 16 Bar Challenge Guidelines
Peace and much love,
This your chance to voice your thoughts on police brutality, a subject the is both important to our culture and is currently a hot topic in the news and on the minds of many people in the U.S, and across the globe. The response from this challenge has been dope and it gains more momentum each day. We just wanted to give everyone some guidelines to follow to keep that momentum going.
1) Reco...rd yourself kicking a 16 Bar verse on the topic of police brutality, post it on your Facebook page, and challenge your emcee friends to do the same. This is a worldwide cypher challenging emcees to raise their voices and challenge other emcees to do the same.
2) These videos should be no longer than 3 minutes long. Just make sure you mention the challenge, spit a 16 bar verse on the subject, and call out your nominations.
3) Use the hashtag #TOHH16BarChallenge when posting your video. This makes all the videos easy to search for. Also, it helps to make the post “public” (in the privacy settings) this ensures that more people can see your response and take up the challenge themselves.
4) Make sure you tag the people that you are challenging to ensure that they see the video.
5) The time frame for this challenge is 72 hours from when the challenge is accepted. We know time can be restricted with our families and jobs, so if you go past the 72 hours, just post it up as soon as possible. But time is still of the essence, so post them up ASAP!
KEEP THE BARS COMING!
This is my contibution to the 16 Bar Challenge.
I challenge... read the comment below
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work."-Mitch Hedberg
Crib ain’t shit ‘less a whip next to it
Whip ain’t shit ‘less Benz next to it
But a Benz ain’t shit with a Rari next to it
Rari ain’t shit with a Zonda next to it
Really tell a difference when a Honda next to it...
But a Honda is shit when you jogging next to it
"I love rap music. You know, I LOVE IT! But I'm tired of defending it. Because you got to defend rap music, man. Because people always say, "That's not music, that's not art, that's garbage! How can you listen to that garbage? How can you listen to that trash?"...
And in the old days, it was easy to defend rap music. It was easy to defend it on an intellectual level. You could break it down, intellectually, why Grandmaster Flash was art, why Run-D.M.C. was art, why Whodini was art in music. You could break it down intellectually, okay? And I love all the rappers today, but it's hard to defend this shit. It's hard, man." -Chris Rock