Always bittersweet when it is time for the Christmas lights on the common to come down.
Thanks to Mother Nature for providing the perfect weather this week to accomplish and thanks to the crew for their time and expert packing skills, prepping the lights for next time.
The clothes closet will be closed today, 12/26 and will reopen on Tuesday, January 2nd.
We will NOT be accepting donations during this time.
Thank you for your continued support and see you next year!
'Tis the season for giving.....and making the most of corporate donation match programs.
We are thankful for the generous donations that are made to T.E.O. throughout the year.
If you have the option, be sure to check out your company's matching gift program for monetary donations as T.E.O. is a 501c3 organization....
Feel free to email or PM with any questions.
Congratulations to the students and staff at Ashby Elementary on holding their first annual Turkey Trot. Together they collected over 255 pounds of food which was donated to T.E.O.
Great work everyone!
This year's tree lighting was filled with such a wonderful community spirit. The singing was glorious, the stew was delicious, the crowd was wonderful and the lights were brilliant.
We are thankful to so many for their time, support and love to make this event a perfect start to a beautiful Holiday season.
We are especially thankful to the following:...
- Our Girl Scouts and their families for kicking off the evening leading the audience in singing carols
-Townsend Business Association for their continued participation and support in donating the lights
- Townsend Cemetery & Parks Department for their support from the hanging of the event sign, to countless electrical consultations and the placing of the gazebo star
- Apple Meadow Hardware for helping us select the perfect lights and switch to LED for this year's display
- D. J. Hussey Farm for their time to select and donate the perfect tree that fits the gazebo just right
- Rev. Christopher Jones for helping coordinate the outside program and his beautiful message of community, prayer and peace
- Rev. Kevin Patterson from First Baptist Church of West Townsend and Fr. Jason Worthley from St John the Evangelist Parish for their prayerful participation
- Rob, Tony and Kayla for sharing their talents and accompanying the carols with drum, guitar and sign language
- Townsend Fire-EMS Department elves for escorting Santa in the best decorated sleigh this side of the North Pole
- McNabb Pharmacy, Inc. for providing the candy canes handed out by Santa
- Rev. Christopher Jones, Shirley Coit and the parishioners of the New Beginnings United Methodist Church for hosting the indoor program, coordinating the choirs and sharing their hall for the community meal
- The ecumenical choirs, musicians and their directors for sharing their talents
-Townsend Congregational Church for lending us supplies to make serving our community meal a success
- All of the Stew Chefs who provided the delicious hobo stew
- And to our T.E.O. family for coordinating and planning, bow making, light hanging, set-up, clean-up and everything in between.
Well done everyone!
Please join us and the TBA on Sunday, December 3rd, for the Annual Christmas Tree Lighting on the Common.
The Girl Scouts will begin the festivities at 4:30pm with singing carols at the gazebo. The tree ceremony follows at 5:00pm with a visit from a special friend. And the evening culminates with a music program and hobo stew meal at the Methodist Church. All are welcome and the cost is free.
We hope to see you there!