LSU fans, please share this post:
WAFB in Baton Rouge reporting that LSU:
1) offered to play Florida in Gainesville on Saturday night, Sunday or Monday...Florida refused.
2) offered to play Florida in Baton Rouge on Saturday, Sunday or Monday...Florida refused. ...
3) offered to play Florida in any city in America on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday...Florida refused.
4) offered to play Florida in an empty stadium if they couldn't get security and stadium workers... Florida refused.
5) secured Florida hotel rooms in Baton Rouge and New Orleans...Florida still refused.
6) offered to send its plane to transport the Gators to Baton Rouge or New Orleans... Florida still refused.
What more can we do?? It's quite obvious Florida did not want to play this game. This game should be played somewhere this weekend, and LSU has offered everything in its power to make that happen... Florida refused. This should be a Florida forfeit and I urge all LSU fans to share this post.
What really pisses me off is the narrative coming out of Florida and the SEC office that somehow LSU is the bad guy for balking at cancelling our Nov19th home game and just casually pissing away $10 million. Are you kidding me??? This needs to be a Florida forfeit, plain and simple, and LSU fans should not rest until the SEC office acts.
There were quite a few other games in Florida and along the coast this weekend. I'm sure they were all cancelled.... Oh wait, they weren't, because those schools were led by people that displayed professionalism and competence.
Auburn University has pledged to help with the relief by "by donating 3 coloring books to replace those lost in the fire.”